Auctions

RichDoh64

Are there any auction sites that sell used metal detectors, coils and accessories?

I picked up a killer deal on an Etrac off ebay. It was "lightly used", came with the box, all paperwork, an extra coil, and some other little things. Looked brand new, and worked perfectly fine. They have pretty good protections on there for buyers. I've yet to be burned there. Been a few years back, but it was a great deal. There are used machines on there all the time. You'll probably get some people that don't like ebay, but to each their own. Just giving ya my experience. The sponsors on here have some good deals on new stuff.

When buying from feebay be sure to read the discription carefully. Not only what is said but what isn't. I'd say 1 out of 10 detectors that I bought off that site had problems. Be sure to really check it out when you receive it. Their buyer protection plan has always kept me from being ripped off though.

I've bought and sold hundreds of items on Ebay with the same account over the past 20 years. I've had fewer than five bad experiences and none of them were that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. None of them ever resulted in the loss of a great deal of money.

Ebay is not a store where you can just search, find what you are after, and purchase. There might be 20 listings for an item I want I and still skip every one and wait for a listing that meets my criteria.

Back
Top Bottom