Hunt #113 - Silvers 60 and 61, plus $6.27

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
It never ceases to amaze me how much STUFF is in the ground. I went to an elementary school today, that I've hit before, but only the front 1/3 of the field. I did the back 1/3 today. Targets far apart, but still managed two dollar coins + $4.27 in other clad. Two rings, too! The first was silver.

The pendant, I was convinced wasn't silver, but I decided to test it anyway, with foil and spit. Came out smelling so bad, I actually gagged. That's when I thought to myself, "Self... this is probably Silver."

I looked more closely, with a loupe, and found a 925 stamp. Explains the stink!

I've now cleared 200 rings for the year, with 61 silver items. Only a SINGLE silver coin. I found a 1945 nickel, yesterday, cleaning Saturday's clad up.
A War Nickel. Go figure. I wasn't sure I was going to find a silver coin this year. Woot!

Here's the gratuitous pics... of this hunt (the 2 rings and pendant) and the previous 8 hunts worth of silver (November)

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 171
Nice finds. With the silver jewelry, you would think there would be more silver coins there. Someone cherrypicking for silver coins wouldn't have missed the jewelry.

Nice finds. With the silver jewelry, you would think there would be more silver coins there. Someone cherrypicking for silver coins wouldn't have missed the jewelry.

95% of our schools and parks are built 1980 and later. The likelihood of finding silver coins is very remote. In fact, this particular school was built in 1978.

There's silver here... I talk to plenty of detectorists who find it, but I don't door knock...

Cheers!

Skippy

Double congrats on hitting 200, wow. That is a lot of digging and adventuring.

Back
Top Bottom