Selling Gold?

Lostandfound

Who is everyone using to sell Gold too. Checked out ARA they are taking 5% now. Any other places out there.:(

I used Midwest 2x. First time, a couple years ago, I sent them two pieces and got exactly what I thought I would. Second time, just recently, sent about 10-12 pieces and got about $130 less than I thought I should have.... what am I going to do? Oh well. Not sure I'd use them again for a bulk amount....

I used Midwest 2x. First time, a couple years ago, I sent them two pieces and got exactly what I thought I would. Second time, just recently, sent about 10-12 pieces and got about $130 less than I thought I should have.... what am I going to do? Oh well. Not sure I'd use them again for a bulk amount....

They want 5% also. Looking into refinerys in NYC.

I used ARA for many years but now have a local option. I have a friend who likes to invest in gold & silver and pays me 100% market price.

I used Midwest multiple times and as recently as this spring. I used a scale, but they remeasured and gave me more than I anticipated. Win!!!!

For my most recent set of finds, I reluctantly went to the Facebook marketplace and placed an ad for slightly over the spot price. One item sold for 10% over spot and the other was 22% over spot.

I talked to both buyers and it turns out both of them buy gold, even scrap gold, as a means of investing/diversifying their retirement portfolio. Both buyers left me their private contact info and an open invite to buy anything else I find at least 10% over spot. One of the buyes is brand-savy and said he is interest and buying well above spot price for jewelry with notable hallmarks / branding.

So yeah, look well into your options!

I used Midwest multiple times and as recently as this spring. I used a scale, but they remeasured and gave me more than I anticipated. Win!!!!

For my most recent set of finds, I reluctantly went to the Facebook marketplace and placed an ad for slightly over the spot price. One item sold for 10% over spot and the other was 22% over spot.

I talked to both buyers and it turns out both of them buy gold, even scrap gold, as a means of investing/diversifying their retirement portfolio. Both buyers left me their private contact info and an open invite to buy anything else I find at least 10% over spot. One of the buyes is brand-savy and said he is interest and buying well above spot price for jewelry with notable hallmarks / branding.

So yeah, look well into your options!
X2 - I think this is the way to go to make the most money out of your finds. Most silver items will sell above spot. (Everything with a name whether gold or silver will be higher). I have about a .75 carat diamond solitaire that I'm going to pay for the appraisal by a certified gemologist because I know it will help maximize my profit. People when they are looking to buy are always asking for that "certificate of authenticity". :lol:

Back
Top Bottom