Another question for you all

luked

Am looking pretty hard at possibly getting a Nokta Legend.
The price is pretty good from what I am seeing.
Are there other machines that would be "better" or a step up from the Legend?
I know there are many that go way above but was just curious if there is something out there that for not a lot more money could be much better in performance?
Maybe the XP Deus original?

Probably a really big open question I am asking I get it. Just trying to get the best machine for the money I can buy.

Everything I have heard about the Legend is good, and it seems to be somewhat equivalent to the Equinox 800, but a few hundred cheaper. The only reason I bought the Equinox 600 over the Legend was that at the time I was looking, the Legend was still having software updates more frequently than I was comfortable with.

--Tom

P.S. I went with the 600 over the 800 because I'm not likely to be needing a gold mode.

The Legend is hard to beat with the price. And experienced people love it. Get the pro pack if you can, great deal. I've invested to much in the EQ to switch right now or i would have the legend.

When you factor in price, performance, and build quality, then the Legend stands alone.

The only other possible option I could of think of, is maybe a D2 Lite? Then again, I don't know how much of it is stripped down from the regular D2, nor its cost. Hopefully someone will elaborate on that.

Am looking pretty hard at possibly getting a Nokta Legend.
The price is pretty good from what I am seeing.
Are there other machines that would be "better" or a step up from the Legend?
I know there are many that go way above but was just curious if there is something out there that for not a lot more money could be much better in performance?
Maybe the XP Deus original?

Probably a really big open question I am asking I get it. Just trying to get the best machine for the money I can buy.

here is the bottom Line you basically have three choices in detector choice even though there are many many other detectors but they do not fit into the criteria you have set

first choice is a equinox 600 second choice a Equinox 800 and third choice is Legend, the Legend is the Cheapest of all three and the newest of all three, of the three I have mentioned the Legend and the Nox 800 is the closest to each other in capabilities and modes to each other the Nox 600 does not have all the modes that the Nox 800 and the Legend do the Nox 600 also runs two less frequencies then the Nox 800 and Legend,

so with that being said here is the scoop, the Legend is still being updated by Nokta/Macro via firmware updates, the nox 800 and 600 will most likely never receive a new update that can be good or bad depending on how you look at it personally I do not feel its good and feel its a great thing that Nokta/Macro is still putting out updates for the Legend am I saying the Legend is the best thing since sliced bread absolutely not there is no best detector for all detecting scenarios (this is my opinion) and some will dis agree with my opinion LOL

getting back to the topic The Nox Line 600 and 800 has had many many build quality issues like shaft issues, coil ear breakage issues, water intrusion issues (drowning) a supposedly water proof detector when submerged in water these are not my opinion they are documented facts

the Legend has no reports so far of any of those issues this all boils down to build quality the Legend is on a different planet when it comes to build quality as compared to the nox 600 and 800, yes you can make the nox build quality better but you are talking added $$ spent to do so there is no way to make the nox water proof with out completely building a new control pod housing

Capability wise when my friends and I detect together me using the Legend and them swinging the Equinox 800 we see vary vary little difference between the nox 800 and the legend capabilities they are so close none of us can make a determination as to which is the more capable detector

The difference in price between the Nox 800 and the Legend the Nox is a few hundred more in cost compared to the Legend until you factor in the added cost to replace the shaft because of sloppy build quality then the cost is not a few hundred dollars but more like $400-$500 and that is not even factoring in the coil ears breaking on the nox if you are lucky the coil ears will break while the Nox is still under warranty, all my friends that own a nox be it a 600 or a 800 has had every issue I have described to you with there Noxes and have had to replace shafts, and coils because of coil ears breaking for no apparent reason, two of those friends had to have the control pod replaced dew to water intrusion not once but twice, for me personally I could not get past the build quality issues so I went with the Legend and have absolutely no regrets in my decision going with the Legend

a Deus 2 lite is $899 the standard Deus 2 is $1600

any way I hope this helps in your decision

here is the bottom Line you basically have three choices in detector choice even though there are many many other detectors but they do not fit into the criteria you have set

first choice is a equinox 600 second choice a Equinox 800 and third choice is Legend, the Legend is the Cheapest of all three and the newest of all three, of the three I have mentioned the Legend and the Nox 800 is the closest to each other in capabilities and modes to each other the Nox 600 does not have all the modes that the Nox 800 and the Legend do the Nox 600 also runs two less frequencies then the Nox 800 and Legend,

so with that being said here is the scoop, the Legend is still being updated by Nokta/Macro via firmware updates, the nox 800 and 600 will most likely never receive a new update that can be good or bad depending on how you look at it personally I do not feel its good and feel its a great thing that Nokta/Macro is still putting out updates for the Legend am I saying the Legend is the best thing since sliced bread absolutely not there is no best detector for all detecting scenarios (this is my opinion) and some will dis agree with my opinion LOL

getting back to the topic The Nox Line 600 and 800 has had many many build quality issues like shaft issues, coil ear breakage issues, water intrusion issues (drowning) a supposedly water proof detector when submerged in water these are not my opinion they are documented facts

the Legend has no reports so far of any of those issues this all boils down to build quality the Legend is on a different planet when it comes to build quality as compared to the nox 600 and 800, yes you can make the nox build quality better but you are talking added $$ spent to do so there is no way to make the nox water proof with out completely building a new control pod housing

Capability wise when my friends and I detect together me using the Legend and them swinging the Equinox 800 we see vary vary little difference between the nox 800 and the legend capabilities they are so close none of us can make a determination as to which is the more capable detector

The difference in price between the Nox 800 and the Legend the Nox is a few hundred more in cost compared to the Legend until you factor in the added cost to replace the shaft because of sloppy build quality then the cost is not a few hundred dollars but more like $400-$500 and that is not even factoring in the coil ears breaking on the nox if you are lucky the coil ears will break while the Nox is still under warranty, all my friends that own a nox be it a 600 or a 800 has had every issue I have described to you with there Noxes and have had to replace shafts, and coils because of coil ears breaking for no apparent reason, two of those friends had to have the control pod replaced dew to water intrusion not once but twice, for me personally I could not get past the build quality issues so I went with the Legend and have absolutely no regrets in my decision going with the Legend

a Deus 2 lite is $899 the standard Deus 2 is $1600

any way I hope this helps in your decision

I have had no problems with my Equinox 800, however I very rarely go under water with mine.
I would buy a legend if my Equinox went belly up.

I have had no problems with my Equinox 800, however I very rarely go under water with mine.
I would buy a legend if my Equinox went belly up.

I hate to reply to this but metaladdict just because you have had none of the issues I stated does not mean others have not and you know as well as I know there has been many many reports of the things I stated by many many Nox 600 and 800 users.

this will be the last I reply to this thread

I hate to reply to this but metaladdict just because you have had none of the issues I stated does not mean others have not and you know as well as I know there has been many many reports of the things I stated by many many Nox 600 and 800 users.

this will be the last I reply to this thread

Just couldnt let it go, could you? Always have to have the last word.

I hear the price on the nox 600 has dropped a bit

Why not reach out to one of the forum sponsors and check the price of the nox 600. I hear the price has dropped a bit.

The Nox 600 will find gold, since it does have those two high frequencies, but unlike the Nox 800, you can't have those as single frequencies. So, it doesn't have the gold-only modes.

All of the Equinox detectors and the Legend are great detectors. It comes down to personal preference.

I have no experience at all with any of the Deus line.

My recommendation: Talk to some of the forum sponsors about your options.

--Tom

Back
Top Bottom