Etrac discontinued

Minelab Equinox marketing hyperbole, nothing more. Or call them lies. Aimed at the feeble minded masses. I resent most of them, regardless of what company is lying to me.

adjective: obsolete
1. no longer produced or used; out of date.

Yep, everything else stopped production or got thrown in a corner. It's that good. :eyeroll:

I'm with you on the "hype". My E-Trac still kills my 'Nox 800... I am hoping the Manticore performs like an E-Trac but I like having the Fe-Co numbers and 1700 plus blocks of discrimination and I don't see that on the Manticore so far...

Detector: said:
The lower the frequency I went, the worse it got. Low conductors were not as bad. Around 10 kHz-15 kHz seemed the best of both worlds.
I currently own two SMF with Multi-IQ. One for a few places I like to hunt, and the twin is a Loaner-Unit for friends and family. My other seven detectors are all Single Frequency.

George Payne, a well known design engineer from years past, wrote an article about the Frequency he chose for the Treasure Baron. That was 12.5 kHz and the reason was he determined that it was an ideal 'mid-frequency' that worked fine for low-conductive gold jewelry, US Nickels and for higher-conductive US coins.

That decision worked well for me because going back to the latter '70s and into the mid-'80s, my favorite detectors worked at 10 kHz to 15 kHz, which is only ±2.5 kHz from George's Best-Frequency decision.

They continue to work well for me, in a wide variety of site environments as well as in some really tough ground mineralization to some nice, moderate ground.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom