Oh what a feeling!

aj0421

Elite Member
Today I got a text from a local friend and detectorist saying that he tried to get me some play time in one of his farm field permissions but they were almost all planted but one that has been hunted many times before. He said if you want we can go there but there isn't much there. Thirty mins in he says "come swing over this, would you dig it?" A nice high 29, 30 tone deep on my equinox. He digs it and I witness my first largie dug live! Happy and excited I was for him mins later another guy we hunted with digs one. Now I am feeling a little jealous or envious of what they dug when I get a high tone consistant from two different angles. What did I dig.... My first large cent! My heart is now pounding and I was ready to attempt a back flip. I calmed down after we celebrated together that we all dug a largie in the same 50 square feet area. We start moving again and I get another high signal. My friend says no way as he swung over it. I dig it and get my second ever largie on the same day. I am so excited to experience that feeling again, it was like the first time I ever dug something with value! I did attempt to clean one of them with a toothpick and now know why you just got to leave them alone.

Attachments

• 20221126_163737.jpg
    20221126_163737.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 438
  • 20221126_164046.jpg
    20221126_164046.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 431
  • 20221126_163821.jpg
    20221126_163821.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Very nice hunt! Don't see many multiple LC's dug in 1 hunt these days. You did a great job cleaning the LC. Some are in good shape & others well, no so good.

Very nice hunt! Don't see many multiple LC's dug in 1 hunt these days. You did a great job cleaning the LC. Some are in good shape & others well, no so good.

Thank you, I overcleaned one of them. I should have researched more before I started messing with it. I didn't realize the details would start flaking off by just using a toothpick. Lesson learned for the future finds.

Congratulations on the large cent, AJ! Looks like there is a lot of great detail left on that coin.

Welcome to the exclusive and elite "Large Cent Club".

There's a nasty rumor going around that only east coast hunters are allowed to join that club :sissyfight:

Welcome to the exclusive and elite "Large Cent Club".

There's a nasty rumor going around that only east coast hunters are allowed to join that club :sissyfight:

Lol. Thank you. I am proud to be a member of this club and hope to join many more clubs in the future.

I would send you one but they are not in the best of condition.:yes:

:laughing: I wasn't even thinking about that when I came up with the title. Am I going to get a copyright strike? lol

Irene Cara just died too, so maybe a strike from her estate for Flashdance! :lol:
It would be an obvious statement to say “go back asap” so I won’t. Four total in a day is outlandish, conGratz! on your twins!

Back
Top Bottom