3 Silver day in the ball park

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I went to a ball park I have been hunting for years and had a great day. The Merc dime was 6 inches deep and a real surprise, haven't found one in this park for a long time. The Italy Silver ring cleaned up real nice with a nice sparkly design. I thought the last ring was a Junker until I got the polish on it.:D Stay safe out there and good luck

Attachments

• IMG_E4221.jpg
    IMG_E4221.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_E4214.jpg
    IMG_E4214.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_E4216.jpg
    IMG_E4216.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_E4220.jpg
    IMG_E4220.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_E4219.JPG
    IMG_E4219.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 276
OMG 😱. Something other than a NOX can find the good stuff ?! I am shocked.

Which of your White’s machines were you using?

Jim (another XLT fan)

Old Whites XLT

OMG 😱. Something other than a NOX can find the good stuff ?! I am shocked.

Which of your White’s machines were you using?

Jim (another XLT fan)

That's funny. I hunt with a guy that has a NOX 800 and he was having trouble learning his new machine. I made mention on one of my posts that while he was going through all the settings and getting frustrated I was finding good stuff. I didn't mean anything against the NOX not being a good machine, because it is, I just meant that I have been using this Whites XLT since 2003 and it was simple for me to turn on and go. He has got the NOX figured out now and is feeling much more confident and is finding sliver and coins too. I bought a Whites V3i about 4 years ago and got frustrated with all the hi-tech settings that I gave it to my son-in-law and went back to the XLT. :laughing: Good luck to all no matter what machine you use enjoy it.

Congrats on the silver, I bought a White's Spectrum XLT in 1998. I did not find much and gave up on detecting for the most part. I would take it out sporadically over the years but still was not finding enough worthwhile targets to keep me interested. I dusted it off after about 10 years of non use to try detecting again 3.5 years ago and found a 2 cent piece, Seated dime, 2 Mercs, three silver Rosie's, and a War nickel my first year back with it. I still have it, but have since moved on to what I think are much better detectors. I still have it and they can find good stuff if you get in the right place with them. In a place with shallow targets and low trash probably just as good as anything else.

a common story

Congrats on the silver, I bought a White's Spectrum XLT in 1998. I did not find much and gave up on detecting for the most part. I would take it out sporadically over the years but still was not finding enough worthwhile targets to keep me interested. I dusted it off after about 10 years of non use to try detecting again 3.5 years ago and found a 2 cent piece, Seated dime, 2 Mercs, three silver Rosie's, and a War nickel my first year back with it. I still have it, but have since moved on to what I think are much better detectors. I still have it and they can find good stuff if you get in the right place with them. In a place with shallow targets and low trash probably just as good as anything else.

I think a lot of people go through the same mind set when it comes to metal detecting in general. I bought my XLT and took it in our motor home to use at the beach but after finding pull tabs, bottle caps and a few crusty pennies I gave up. Of course I was using a plastic hand scoop and no pin pointer too so it got old quick. I put it in the closet for about 3 years and then we had a Boat house built on our lake property and my wife watched the builders dropping nails all over the yard and told me I should get that fancy XLT out and find those nails before we step on them. Well every day for the next few weeks I did just that and got used to the machine, but the clincher was when I walked across the street to our rental property. The small brick house was built in the 40's and the first coin I found was a 1944 Merc dime, I was hooked :laughing: Wheaties and more silver followed and I have been enjoying this hobby now for many years. So I am confident in this machine although the more modern hi-tech machines are fine for some people you have to use it to learn the capabilities of any of them. Happy hunting:D

I think a lot of people go through the same mind set when it comes to metal detecting in general. I bought my XLT and took it in our motor home to use at the beach but after finding pull tabs, bottle caps and a few crusty pennies I gave up. Of course I was using a plastic hand scoop and no pin pointer too so it got old quick. I put it in the closet for about 3 years and then we had a Boat house built on our lake property and my wife watched the builders dropping nails all over the yard and told me I should get that fancy XLT out and find those nails before we step on them. Well every day for the next few weeks I did just that and got used to the machine, but the clincher was when I walked across the street to our rental property. The small brick house was built in the 40's and the first coin I found was a 1944 Merc dime, I was hooked :laughing: Wheaties and more silver followed and I have been enjoying this hobby now for many years. So I am confident in this machine although the more modern hi-tech machines are fine for some people you have to use it to learn the capabilities of any of them. Happy hunting:D

Jim Bob... I hope you have Tone ID and VCO pinpoint both turned on when swinging the XLT. These two features are both OFF, by default, but are two of the most valuable features on the XLT, IMHO...

Back
Top Bottom