Interesting quarter

DeepBeeps

Found this cut up 1990 quarter yesterday. The quarter is cut into three pieces that fit together like a jig-saw puzzle. I found all three pieces close together and the individual pieces ID'd as a penny. The edge of the coin is also cut into all the way around. Very interesting piece, any ideas how or why this quarter was cut like this and what can cut this precisely?

DeepBeeps

Attachments

• Image002.JPG
    Image002.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 292
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 285
That's a magic Quarter.I used to have one.If you watched the David Blaine Special(sorry David) where he bit the piece of coin off then spit it back on that is how it's done.There used to be a rubber band around it,you should see a groove around the rim.It can also be used for the coin through the bottletop trick.Hope this helped Ya!!

Paulb said:
That's a magic Quarter.I used to have one.If you watched the David Blaine Special(sorry David) where he bit the piece of coin off then spit it back on that is how it's done.There used to be a rubber band around it,you should see a groove around the rim.It can also be used for the coin through the bottletop trick.Hope this helped Ya!!

Makes perfect sense. I'll have to give it a try on my friends. Thanks for the info.

DeepBeeps

Very interesting find to say the least DB. I would have never guessed it was a magic trick.

Yeah you did pretty well on that find.Those go for around $8 on Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom