• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Tried another (woodchip) playground

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
I was going to try some coin popping by a school but saw a practice baseball game going on in the field so abandoned that idea. Took a different route to the park and saw a playground (woodchip) that I didn't know existed LOL. They had a layer of weed block, some of it over cement. What's with that :?:

Didn't do the best - did find 3 dimes, 2 nickles and 20 pennies for 60 cents, then the batteries went on the Ace. Pretty damn cold (for April) so the batteries drained fast. I will have to make a return visit and get another 40 cents to keep my $1.00 min find per playgrounds going. Sunday AM, I am going to try a huge woodchip playground in another city. Please - a few quarters. Just who is the patron saint of MD'ers anyway???

I also found a huge (plastic) diamond (on the surface) - and "Percy", the train in the small sand area of the playground.

Attachments

• 92nd_turner_coins.jpg
    92nd_turner_coins.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 92nd_turner_other1.jpg
    92nd_turner_other1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 92nd_turner_other2.jpg
    92nd_turner_other2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 212
Overslept so I went to the playground again and found another 62 cents. 2 dimes, 6 nickels, and 12 pennies.

Not only did they lay landscape fabric over cement, they also laid it over sand :mad: I was getting hits 3'' down, but the fabric was 2;'' down to I had to slice through it a few times. Why lay woodchips over sand? Oh what could be buried beneath the fabric :?:

Broke the $1.00 mark ($1.22) there so ain't going back. Too tempting to detect under the fabric :yes:

Back
Top Bottom