Coronavirrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this thread can stay non political and not get locked.

I have found it interesting how folks around the country and the world are dealing with this.

A brief glimpse behind curtain #1.

For those trying to buy facemasks kn95 likely won't fit your face. N95 is what you are looking for but the price is sky high if you do manage to find 1.

All this talk about face masks I figure someone would have figured out that you can put them in a "toaster oven" hot enough to kill anything harmful but not hot enough to melt the glue or straps and keep reusing them. Depends on the fiber spacing I guess but heat should do it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408-202928_WeChat.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-202928_WeChat.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

For those trying to buy facemasks kn95 likely won't fit your face. N95 is what you are looking for but the price is sky high if you do manage to find 1.

All this talk about face masks I figure someone would have figured out that you can put them in a "toaster oven" hot enough to kill anything harmful but not hot enough to melt the glue or straps and keep reusing them. Depends on the fiber spacing I guess but heat should do it

Buena Park man just got busted for selling a box of 20 N95 masks for $300. Undercover cops nailed him off a craigslist ad. They then found another 20 boxes. Google it.

Is that illegal? Its immoral for sure but what is the legalities if upselling the products people need? It seems like basic capitalism and supply/demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From CDC FAQS-

"Generally coronaviruses survive for shorter periods at higher temperatures and higher humidity than in cooler or dryer environments. However, we don’t have direct data for this virus, nor do we have direct data for a temperature-based cutoff for inactivation at this point. The necessary temperature would also be based on the materials of the surface, the environment, etc. Regardless of temperature please follow!CDC’s guidance for cleaning and disinfection."

Is that illegal? Its immoral for sure but what is the legalities if upselling the products people need? It seems like basic capitalism and supply/demand.

Yes , it is illegal. We are in a world pandemic. A national emergency. It's called price gouging. Certain events must be triggered for this to happen. He will get at least a $1000 fine. Google it.

Is that illegal? Its immoral for sure but what is the legalities if upselling the products people need? It seems like basic capitalism and supply/demand

When a state of emergency is declared, price gouging becomes a crime. All 50 states have now declared a state of emergency, so it's a crime in all states right now.

Only a real scumball would try to corner the market on something that can save people's lives. Take their stock away and toss them in jail.

Yes , it is illegal. We are in a world pandemic. A national emergency. It's called price gouging. Certain events must be triggered for this to happen. He will get at least a $1000 fine. Google it.

When a state of emergency is declared, price gouging becomes a crime. All 50 states have now declared a state of emergency, so it's a crime in all states right now.

Only a real scumball would try to corner the market on something that can save people's lives. Take their stock away and toss them in jail.

TOTALY agree!! :jail:

Ok thanks. I just looked it up. My state can accept up to 10% over price of basic goods during S.of.E.

From CDC FAQS-

"Generally coronaviruses survive for shorter periods at higher temperatures and higher humidity than in cooler or dryer environments. However, we don’t have direct data for this virus, nor do we have direct data for a temperature-based cutoff for inactivation at this point. The necessary temperature would also be based on the materials of the surface, the environment, etc. Regardless of temperature please follow!CDC’s guidance for cleaning and disinfection."

It would obviously be hotter than your hair dryer... but not hot enough to melt the glue. The main issue would be particles big enough to clog the mask limiting air transfer even more... particles that wouldn't reduce enough in size with the heat.. but that could be worked around too.

What do I know anyway I'm just steve on a metal detecting site.

Edit: not suggesting anyone try this at home. You wouldn't have the resources or testing equipment to do experiments like this

It would obviously be hotter than your hair dryer... but not hot enough to melt the glue. The main issue would be particles big enough to clog the mask limiting air transfer even more... particles that wouldn't reduce enough in size with the heat.. but that could be worked around too.

Edit: not suggesting anyone try this at home. You wouldn't have the resources or testing equipment to do experiments like this

Steve , you are also a Metal Detecting Microwave Microbiologist Madman !

Don't take it personally.

Who mentioned a hair dryer?

What does the CDC know anyway?

I thought you idea sounded good, so I checked on it.

I wish the solution turns out to be something so simple.

People need those masks.

My wife works part time at a local small town motel, but it is one of the ones that the 18-month nuclear plant clean-up crew stays at over about a few month period as the county's nuclear plant has a routine clean up every 18 months, so business is actually much better than usual right now.

Anyhow, she is the manager as well as one of 2 night auditors, and what helps is being a small town motel there is only one person working in the lobby per shift (3 shifts) (of course housekeeping and maintenance works during the daytime) and they disinfect the entire lobby each shift, and the nighttime shifts keeps the doors locked and guests have to check-in/out thru the window areas during those times.

During the day they can come into the lobby area to check-in/out or grab breakfast to take back to their room but they can't linger in the lobby any longer than necessary.

This week they added a protective screen for added protection during the time the lobby is open so the clerks are protected when checking guests in/out.

Here is a pic my wife took of the screen: (there is a small opening for paperwork to be handed thru)
motel_screen.jpg

My wife works part time at a local small town motel, but it is one of the ones that the 18-month nuclear plant clean-up crew stays at over about a few month period as the county's nuclear plant has a routine clean up every 18 months, so business is actually much better than usual right now.

Anyhow, she is the manager as well as one of 2 night auditors, and what helps is being a small town motel there is only one person working in the lobby per shift (3 shifts) (of course housekeeping and maintenance works during the daytime) and they disinfect the entire lobby each shift, and the nighttime shifts keeps the doors locked and guests have to check-in/out thru the window areas during those times.

During the day they can come into the lobby area to check-in/out or grab breakfast to take back to their room but they can't linger in the lobby any longer than necessary.

This week they added a protective screen for added protection during the time the lobby is open so the clerks are protected when checking guests in/out.

Here is a pic my wife took of the screen: (there is a small opening for paperwork to be handed thru)
View attachment 462648
The workers at the gas station i stopped at yesterday are using plastic wrap to make a barrier between them and customers with a small hole for the credit card reader .

The workers at the gas station i stopped at yesterday are using plastic wrap to make a barrier between them and customers with a small hole for the credit card reader .

Not a bad idea. I might take it to the next level. Wrap my whole body in plastic wrap ! Poke 2 holes in for the nose and 1 for the pie-hole. Then wear a mask. Almost like a full bodysuit condom.

KT has a mask and only wears it when He expects to be around people. Does not wear it when driving or scooter riding, but when His Majesty knows He will be in a grocery store, Walmart, or anywhere He thinks other people will not maintain their distance or wear masks, He wears his! As soon as He is back in His Vehicle, the mask is removed and hand sanitizer is liberally used. As soon as He is in the Castle, hands are washed. Non-perishable items stay in the vehicle for 48 hours, then are brought in. Persishable items, like fruit, veggies, lettuce, and milk are brought in immediately. Packages are wiped down with Chlorox wipes, and after evrything is put away, counters are wiped down also. We have one counter we consider sterile, and nothing goes on it until the item is wiped down. Been two weeks now with these procedures and no problems so far.

And yes, now we have a new definition of exotic places! :p:p

That sounds almost exactly the same as my routine... in additon Mail/UPS/FedEx packages sit for 24hrs minimum before opening, then contents are sprayed w/ Lysol (while the supply lasts)..

That sounds almost exactly the same as my routine... in additon Mail/UPS/FedEx packages sit for 24hrs minimum before opening, then contents are sprayed w/ Lysol (while the supply lasts)..

This chart may be of help.

Surfaces.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom