First War Nickel!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Hit a couple old curb strips again today and dug up my very first War Nickel! Also got 6 wheat pennies, the oldest being 1918, and then this! A 1943 S. It's plenty beat up but I'll take it! Got another buff. Nickel yesterday as well a 1928. Sure am "Digging" these curb strips lately!

Attachments

• 2020-04-05 19.08.24.jpg
    2020-04-05 19.08.24.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 2020-04-05 19.09.07.jpg
    2020-04-05 19.09.07.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 224
Hit a couple old curb strips again today and dug up my very first War Nickel! Also got 6 wheat pennies, the oldest being 1918, and then this! A 1943 S. It's plenty beat up but I'll take it! Got another buff. Nickel yesterday as well a 1928. Sure am "Digging" these curb strips lately!

I am jealous. Today I dug a 1940 nickel and thought to myself, “of only it were a few years newer.”

Congrats on the war nickel.

Congrats on the War Nickel and the Buffalo. A War Nickel was my very first Silver dug long ago. Did not know at the time about Silver Nickels so I never new where or when I dug it. I have added a few to the coffers since since then. Hope there will be more in you future. Trapper

NOICE!!!

It's lovely when one of those shows up. I've only ever run across one. Had many show up coin roll hunting to fill a nickel book, but only one in the dirt!

Skippy

Wtg

Nice, a war nickle. I remember metal detecting my first war nickel, like it was yesterday. I remember too, when I was a kid, the nickels with a BIG ol mint mark on the back. No big deal back then, because all the coins were either silver, or wheats. Congratulations on your first.
HH everyone

Nice, a war nickle. I remember metal detecting my first war nickel, like it was yesterday. I remember too, when I was a kid, the nickels with a BIG ol mint mark on the back. No big deal back then, because all the coins were either silver, or wheats. Congratulations on your first.
HH everyone

Thank you!! Ithe definitely meant a lot to me!

Back
Top Bottom