pics from last weekend hunt

odklizec

The spring is finally here and last weekend's weather was so excellent for hunt so here you can enjoy some photos from Saturday ..
DSC00189_DCE.JPG

DSC00190_DCE.JPG

DSC00194_DCE.JPG

DSC00195_DCE.JPG

and finally cleaned finds (the place is apparently not too rich for nice finds)..
IMG_9345.jpg

However, the best weekend's find was these two US Army buttons.
IMG_9344.jpg

They were a real surprise to me! From the depth I found them in, I assume they are from WWII period. My surprise comes from the fact that at this time there were German forces, Russian forces, several French volunteers but no US forces! At the moment, I'm investigating (with help of more knowledgeable people) a possibility they were on a uniform of an airman from B-24 bomber, which was shot down in 1944 near Zilina. However, these buttons were found on the other side of the town? So the only possibility how they can be from the same incident is that some airmen leaved the plane by parachute? We will see what I find about them and the incident from 1944..

Wow, those are great finds and if you 'dig' up the history on 'em ... Wow.
-So what's the name of your book gonna be?
WTG

Much history there where you are and the land is beautiful. Keep us posted.
pop

Thanks guys! I hope I will find more about these buttons ;) If they are from an airman shot down over the Zilina, these guys will probably know about this incident..
http://www.kaso.ahoj.sk/the_15th_usaaf/?SID=9f7299cb070a1524b04067f76394789a

I'm just waiting for their answer. It looks they know about almost any US plane crash in the Slovakia during the WWII period.

BTW to TC..
What about a great super-hero style movie with Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise? And for girls some love of course..you know..war and love..that would be great?!..or not? :lol: bleeee.. :mad: I don't think so..

Back
Top Bottom