• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hi Ho Silva

X

Xray

Found my first keeper coins of the season at a location I just scratched last year.
Only spent about an hour there but was well rewarded with a 1933 walking liberty half [found about 4 inches down in semi muddy ground], a well worn 1898 Barber dime, and a 1902 V nickel. I haven't come close to systematically searching this place yet - Just walking around randomly getting a feel for it, and so far I like it ! :yes:
Still using the 250 - The Quattro I apparently have much learning to do, or it is defective.
I can't make heads or tails on what its trying to tell me, it barely peeped on a silver ring I buried 2 inches down that the Ace was screaming over ... And the dang thing is a pretty good workout swinging it around.
Hopefully things will improve when I get the smaller coil and get more practice on it.

Attachments

• finds09 (Medium).jpg
    finds09 (Medium).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 175
Excellent finds Jesse!!! I love that 1902 V nickle. That thing looks great!

Thanks Okie. Gold rings and clad at woodchip parks are nice, but this is what its all about right here, and it feels mighty nice to be digging the old stuff up again.

Craig, I took a few swipes at it so far this year, with nothing to show so far.
Suprisingly, I have found junk metal objects just the size of coins and not too deep, so I don't think the bakery is hunted out just yet ... But the easy pickins are a thing of the past there.
Once I get in stride with the Quattro, I'll really get going on it.
Its still as it was last year, AFAIK a parking lot will be going up any time - Cars already use a big chunk of it to park and turn around.
There are also 4 or so pits that used to be the sites of trees. These are piled with branches and various junk, so I've stayed away from them up until now. I'm going to bring a wagon over and empty them out so I can detect right inside them.
Heres a google shot of my productive little site - Must be about 2 years old or so, since the bakery wasn't constucted yet, so this was a year before I even detected it.
Pretty easy to spot where the house once stood, and all the trees save for a few by that other house 'next door' are gone. Most of my best finds have been in what was the front yard, and some in the back.
The middle area where the house once stood is very hard packed, I haven't been over it thouroughly like the rest of the grounds. Since this house didn't have a basement, it just might be possible that it will be more productive than the average house tear down site, and anything I might find there would certainly be 19th century or earlier.

Attachments

• bakery.jpg
    bakery.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 174
Nice research X !
Very nice finds. That "V" is one good looking coin. :yes:
Keep posting those great finds.
I would not be so quick to give up on the quatro. Maybe you need to adjust some settings?
Jeff

Way to go Jesse! Lots of WLH's being found so far this year by several members. That V nickel looks to be in pretty good shape.

Jeff R said:
Nice research X !
Very nice finds. That "V" is one good looking coin. :yes:
Keep posting those great finds.
I would not be so quick to give up on the quatro. Maybe you need to adjust some settings?
Jeff

Thanks everyone.
I'm not close to giving up, for I have just begun.
I'm just perplexed why it would barely peep with a silver ring 2 inches under it. I'm sure theres some logical explanation.
At this point it doesn't seem to be much of a sensational upgrade - Hopefully I'll be singing a different tune in a month or two.

Back
Top Bottom