• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

digging lower numbers

Go Ducks

trying to find some gold, dug some foil instead. oh well, let's try again tomorrow!

I spent an hour and a half the other day focusing on the lower tones. Then I got tired, but there is gold out there. Just keep digging just keep digging.

Gold is all about LOCATION. If you use the “search” function you can get an idea of how to have a chance at better success without a million holes...

Keep at it! Those foil signals are rings sometimes.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

On my machine gold can show up from foil all the way up to zinc penny. I scanned 15 differant gold rings and got 15 different numbers.

Disregard earlier request...found your 2017 post re: Location

IDX, what is the ( search) function?
Repeat:

IDX...what is SEARCH function of which you speak???? HOW can it be utilized to determine gold "location"??????

MY APOLOGIES...found your post re: location

Last edited:
I never rely on audio Tone ID or visual target ID and set out with the intent of looking specifically for gold jewelry. Over half-a-century of detecting has rewarded me with thin gold chins to thick gold chins, small to tiny gold rings, pendants or other jewelry to mid-size and larger gold jewelry with three rings and a pendant that locked-on in the Penny/Dime range. Different conductivities due to different alloy mixes, and odd sizes and shapes and orientations in the ground have them spread out from the Iron/Non-Iron break-point all the way to Penny/Dime, although the bulk of the rings and gold keepers are in the foil to Pull Tab range on a numeric VDI display.

Instead, I 'Just Go Detecting' in search of any desirables, and then I can factor in my odds for success by considering the site 'Location,' just as IDX Monster suggested. In a couple of hours OregonGregg & I are headed off to two or three gold mining era ghost town sites and our primary goal will be older coins, trade tokes and interesting artifacts of that era. But I could find gold jewelry.

I might pick a day next week to round up coins by hunting some sports field s and sideline areas with the intent of rounding up a lot of modern change ... but I might find gold jewelry.

Next month my travels will take me to places where I'll hunt quite a few tot-lots and larger playgrounds used by youngsters to oldsters and those in-between. I'll find a lot of coins, but my odds of finding gold jewelry there will be increased over the ghost towns and homesteads. I'll 'Just Be Detecting' for anything of interest, but the LOCATION will be in my favor to chance upon some good silver or gold jewelry. Just like hunting around a swimming area, sunbathing area ,or working an active beach. Select the better site for good jewelry loss and put the odds in your favor.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom