• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Found my first ever silver dollar

jruckman38

Elite Member
Got this 1902 Morgan and 2 more nice finds. World war 2 airborne pin. And this cut coin.

Attachments

• 20191205_184208.jpg
    20191205_184208.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,326
The cut coin is a piece of a Reale. They were cut to break up the value. Hence the old term "piece of eight"

Incredible finds !
Being a member of the silver dollar club has alluded most of us for a long long time . And a rare bucket lister cut Spanish to go along with it 🤩.
Congratulations and thanks for showing off .
đź‘Ť
,Dew

Excuse me but, you found a Morgan and that is your write up?
You do not seem very excited about it...:roll:

Excuse me but, you found a Morgan and that is your write up?
You do not seem very excited about it...:roll:

I was very excited. I dug a plug 6 inches deep seeing that big silver disc in the hole thought I was going to have to go home and change my clothes. Been doing this for a long time since I was 9 or so i am now 49. Would have got pic of it in the ground but like i said i was with out a phone for a couple months. Sorry for a short write up.

Last edited:
Excellent finds! The Morgan is in great shape. I do believe that the cut coin is actually a 2 Reale, as just to the left of the R is the curved part of the 2. Congrats!!!!

Nice, good hunting. I'm still hunting mine. Early in the hobby I dug a couple halves. A beautiful 1964 Kennedy and then a nice 1907 Barber half but No Silver dollar yet.
My fault. I only hunt a couple times a month (that's gonna change) and I don't do permissions.

The cut coin is a piece of a Reale. They were cut to break up the value. Hence the old term "piece of eight"

It's also where "two bits" comes from. Two bits of piece of eight = one quarter.

Hence a quarter dollar is called "two bits."

Like "Shave and a haircut... two bits!"

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom