11th return!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Yesterday I was at the beach when a gentleman came up to me and explained to me that he'd thrown off his wedding ring while throwing a football in the water two days earlier. Yes just like the other man a few weeks ago . I did a grid search by the water's edge but did not find it. We exchanged contact information, I told him to post on LostmyStuff.net as the more people we have looking for it the better and I arranged for a couple friends to join me today to look for it. Both of these friends have waterproof metal detectors.

As we got to the spot to search there was already someone there metal detecting but she was only there by coincidence and didn't know about the ring loss nor had she found it. As she moved further down the beach we started our grid search.

I am elated to say that today's wedding ring search was a success. In fact it was the very first hole I dug. (The very first target I heard) JUST WOW! I started down close to the water and as I approached three people sitting on chairs I moved up behind them and the detector went BEEP! I chuckled and said to them "I bet you didn't know you were this close to treasure." They laughed and I told them how I was looking for a mans wedding ring as I dug the hole. Out pops the ring. Of course they are saying "Woah we should get metal detectors!" It doesn't usually happen that easily!

I then thanked them for sitting there because had they not I'd have not moved up behind them but continued right through where they were sitting and would have likely missed it.

Then I took the ring over to the wife and with a big smile I said "I may have found it." She says excitedly "ALREADY!????" and then after seeing it she screams for her husband to come over. Tony (great name) who is the husband meanders down as she's saying "hurry hurry!" The two kids follow and I show him the ring and everyone starts screaming and hugging everyone.

Again all the Glory goes to God for enabling me to do this wonderful hobby and to touch so many lives. BLESSED! Special thanks to Dick and Larry for meeting me out there to help with your water machines. As it turned out it was found in the wet sand very close to the low tide water line with my land machine.

You can see in the photo how happy the family was. These moment's are priceless.

Attachments

• ring return 11 8-22-14.jpg
    ring return 11 8-22-14.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 587
  • ring return 11 4.jpg
    ring return 11 4.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 587
Bet she has it crimped on his finger with pliers, now.:laughing:

Lol.

Phenomenal job Kapidr! 1st hole of the day!?! :wow: Speaking of glory to God, my only return was apearently to people who also claimed (and appeared) to be Christians! She had seen me having my quiet time out by the water and brought it up. Too cool. To God be the glory indeed!

The odds of that are unbelievable! You better go buy a power ball ticket today. Great job.

Don't get too excited I checked the wet sand the day before for 2 hours and missed it :) But I got seriously lucky the second day. And my last fantasy five ticket only got one number correct :( :P

Nice! I often pray as I hunt. Don't know if it increases the finds but I feel better and I can count it as working. I also find an amazing number of people that used to attend the church I pastor (part time). So maybe the prayers are being answered.

Back
Top Bottom