Wonderful Turkey Dinner and Silver Capture too!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
His Majesty had a feast for Thanksgiving and enjoyed the Pro Football games as He napped the meal off in His New Royal Throne! :laughing::laughing:

KT visited the Royal Bank yesterday and picked up the 5 Royal Boxes of Halves in anticipation of the bank being closed for the Holiday. Box 1 was encouraging with 1 40% Ag Ken, 1 Proof, and 1 2009 modern Medio Balboa from Panama. Odd looking coin as it does not have Balboa on it but the Bank of Panama. A shame they dropped the old Conquistador, but such is our new world. Boxes 2, 3, and 4 were duds with not one collectible coin. But Box 5 saved the CRH with 5 40% Ag Kens. Totals were 6 40% Ag Kens, 1 Proof, and that 2009 Medio Balboa.

The CRH ended with that positive note and KT just finished up a plate of leftovers for supper. Just a wonderful time was had by all! Best wishes for a Wonderful Thanksgiving and some quality hunt time for all KT's followers! Enjoy the pictures!

Attachments

• CRH 11 27 2019 6 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 11 27 2019 6 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 254
  • CRH 11 27 2019 1 Proof Ken.JPG
    CRH 11 27 2019 1 Proof Ken.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 215
  • CRH 11 27 2019 1 2009 Medio Balboa Panama.JPG
    CRH 11 27 2019 1 2009 Medio Balboa Panama.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 225
What metal is the balboa? I’ve never even heard of them. What’s the face value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What metal is the balboa? I’ve never even heard of them. What’s the face value?

Thanks for the question! It is base metal, not silver, and has a Panamanian value of 50 centavos, or half a Balboa, their dollar. It is minted by the US Mint for the Government of Panama and is stamped in the exact same size as the US half dollar. That is why it can pass a bank machine and get rolled with US halves. If you will look back through a few of KT's recent posts, you will see what the old style looked like, a very bold strike of The Spanish explorer...Balboa!

Thanks for the question! It is base metal, not silver, and has a Panamanian value of 50 centavos, or half a Balboa, their dollar. It is minted by the US Mint for the Government of Panama and is stamped in the exact same size as the US half dollar. That is why it can pass a bank machine and get rolled with US halves. If you will look back through a few of KT's recent posts, you will see what the old style looked like, a very bold strike of The Spanish explorer...Balboa!

That’s awesome, I have a 1943 10 centavos from the Philippines minted in the us. It’s silver and tiny lol but a beautiful design. But it’s not the explorer, it’s an eagle on a shield. I got it from family, not detecting or hunting.

That’s awesome, I have a 1943 10 centavos from the Philippines minted in the us. It’s silver and tiny lol but a beautiful design. But it’s not the explorer, it’s an eagle on a shield. I got it from family, not detecting or hunting.

Yep, the minting of Phillipine coinage by the US Mint was concurrent with McArthur's return to the Phillipines during the war in the Pacific! Perhaps that is why your family kept it!:yes:

Congrats on another successful CRH! No doubt, worthy of being thankful. You get a few of those Balboa's, I do like the old design better. Always nice to score some holiday silver. Again, congrats and will be looking forward to your future royal plundering and pillaging results.

Congrats on another successful CRH! No doubt, worthy of being thankful. You get a few of those Balboa's, I do like the old design better. Always nice to score some holiday silver. Again, congrats and will be looking forward to your future royal plundering and pillaging results.

Royal Thanks, Junkminer! This coming week might be a bit of a challenge as KT will have cataract surgery on the Left Royal Eye on Thursday, so His Majesty will again pick up the Royal Boxes a day early and get a start on the Hunt on Wednesday afternoon. It will be sometime Friday before the patch is removed and KT learns the surgery results, but we shall see...one way or the other! :D:laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom