• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2 Boxes Over 250 Wheats - But We Cheated

Lee1968

Elite Member
My wife called one of the banks we get pennies from to see if they had a couple of boxes we could buy. They said they did, and would have them ready for her when she arrived. When she got there, one of the boxes was open, and the teller said she replaced 5 of the "regular" rolls with 5 rolls marked "wheat". She said a customer had come in earlier and sold them the rolls and said they were tired of saving them. Sure enough, the 5 rolls were wheats! The best coin in the rolls was a 1909 VDB. :D (Not an S, but still a nice coin.) It sounds like a certain teller may get lunch tomorrow on us!

Royal WTG! Yep, it pays to cultivate your tellers! KT had just arrived at the Castle from His Royal Dump Bank, when a teller called and said an older lady had insisted on not using the coin machine, and had deposited into her account 50$ in "silver" halves. Did KT want them? Needless to say KT zipped back to the bank with 50$ in hand and purchased them from the teller, still in hand rolled holders. Took them to the coin machine and carefully broke open each roll. Recovered 28 40%ers and half a dozen 64 kens, and got some of my money back on the dump! Thanks to that teller! He got a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies, the very next day! :lol::lol:

Wow, that was very nice of her! Congrats on the wheat cent score! :woot:

Thanks Wolf-Dog! She is a very nice lady.

Royal WTG! Yep, it pays to cultivate your tellers! KT had just arrived at the Castle from His Royal Dump Bank, when a teller called and said an older lady had insisted on not using the coin machine, and had deposited into her account 50$ in "silver" halves. Did KT want them? Needless to say KT zipped back to the bank with 50$ in hand and purchased them from the teller, still in hand rolled holders. Took them to the coin machine and carefully broke open each roll. Recovered 28 40%ers and half a dozen 64 kens, and got some of my money back on the dump! Thanks to that teller! He got a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies, the very next day! :lol::lol:

Congratulations! You are so right! My wife doesn't go anywhere around here that people don't know her. She is a genuinely nice person, and people around here return the favor. All of the tellers at the different branches know her.

When I had multiple accounts (10+) I used to gift...all of a sudden, some of the good finds dried up!
Yes sir, those tellers caught on. Sometimes gifting backfires. To each his own!

Back
Top Bottom