• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another newbie post

jhagood71

Types of hunting- old house places fields parks. No particular targets in mind, just coins jewelry, buried trunks full of gold coins & bullion, etc
Experience - very little

Started out looking at the ace 400 then decided GB would be nice to have so i started looking at the F44 and extera 505. And then i started considering the at pro Anniversary bundle. And now dont know what to do.

Also noticed a MXT with garrett carrot in the classifieds for what seems like a good price even though I'm not sure what a good price on a used mxt is

What do you think would be the best option?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm a Fisher nut so I'd say go with the F44. Very light and very quick. On paper is it the best? no. but once you learn it the thing will be a beast for you.

Welcome to the forum.

Your Mississippi soil conditions are probably fairly mild and you being new to this hobby, I would go with the F44 as an excellent starter detector. It is really lightweight, has a backlight, weatherproof for rainy conditions, has plenty of features and adjustments, tons of coil options and will work well in your area. There are used ones for sale online and the new price isn't bad either plus if you buy new you get a 5 year warranty.

Jeff

Thanks for all the welcomes and advice. I decided to splurge a little and now have a nox 600 &garrett carrot on the way. Now I've gotta figure out the best way to research areas to hunt around tupelo ms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the welcomes and advice. I decided to splurge a little and now have a nox 600 &garrett carrot on the way. Now I've gotta figure out the best way to research areas to hunt around tupelo ms

I think you will be very happy with your choice of detectors. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom