• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Never thought it'd happen to me...

"but it's ironic how our family friend happened to notice the cat playing, went into the room on her own and discovered the ring. Ironic.... Makes you wonder for a second... or two or three."

Do you feel like sharing a bit of your ideas on this? I too find it mysterious how it all unfolded. Is the child possibly warming up to this family friend a lot? I don't mean to say that the kid is still in this,,,it is peculiar that your friend conveniently finds it. Where is your office room in reference to the kitchen?

Could the family friend possibly be a convenient "discoverer" for the 5 year old's game system? Some kinds of children's issues many times have co-dependents.

Hey, it's all over, or is it? Don't feel like continuing this discussion on my account. I was just wondering...

At least he's a smart cat. My last cat was dumber than a bag of hammers.

The cat isn't really 'smart' more just lucky. lol

"but it's ironic how our family friend happened to notice the cat playing, went into the room on her own and discovered the ring. Ironic.... Makes you wonder for a second... or two or three."

Do you feel like sharing a bit of your ideas on this? I too find it mysterious how it all unfolded. Is the child possibly warming up to this family friend a lot? I don't mean to say that the kid is still in this,,,it is peculiar that your friend conveniently finds it. Where is your office room in reference to the kitchen?

Could the family friend possibly be a convenient "discoverer" for the 5 year old's game system? Some kinds of children's issues many times have co-dependents.

Hey, it's all over, or is it? Don't feel like continuing this discussion on my account. I was just wondering...

The kitchen is close to the office. The kiddo knows she's not to go in the office area. But it's probably 10 steps away from the kitchen. You can see the office from the kitchen. Opposite the living room side of the kitchen. Our house is weird, the master bedroom/bath is across from the office. The kitchen is a passthrough from those rooms to the living room and the other bed/bathrooms. It's possible she was up to no good and did it.

I still give credit of the theft to the kitten as it was supposedly found near his food bowl and such. I strongly doubt the family friend had anything to do with it as the timing of events wasn't really right.

I guess it's a bit late to throw in one other known fact about our house. Our house is listed for sale, but the reality has something she discloses when asked, and that is that the house is "stigmatized"... Yes, we have ghosts who do in fact move things, including furniture. But when they do things it seems more precise and calculated, more so than a 5yr old and kitten. Just to help any doubters, the 5yr old doesn't move the furniture because she has a baby gate still on her door, as she'd get up and watch TV at all hours of the night. And... she talks to these 'invisible friends'. But the house was haunted or stigmatized before we bought it also. Long story...

I always made it a game..our daughter would take car keys if they were left out in the open... I would say, honey lets play a game...you go hide these keys and I'll find them. she would run off to hide the keys and I would be watching every step of the way. I learned all her hiding spots that way.
Now she's almost 17 and still gets the car keys:roll:
glad you found the ring and all is well. I was once called to a job where a woman dropped her ring in the kitchen sink...not in the trap...not in the lines...but in the holding tank of a septic system. I hated being low man on the totem pole that day.

Thats what my 6 yr old girl wants to be also, where do they come up with these things
Dan

I don't know! She asked me if I knew what she wanted to be and I said no, and she said one of those people who studied fossils. 'You know, a paleontologist.' Was the response I got.

She doesn't even know anything about the basics like money, math, etc. but she knows her fossils and dinosaurs. Weird

Take something of hers and hide it. When she is looking for it, tell her it is probably gone to the same place that the ring did. Then say, "Too bad we don't know where that is..." If she knows, she'll lead you right to it.

Back
Top Bottom