Problems with BH Landstar or mineralization?

pricediggers

I went out today and was able to find some clad but was having a real issue with chatter. I ground balanced and adjusted the sensitivity until it was essentially at the point of the lower limit before the machine powers off. We had some substantial rain last night and earlier in the day so I wasn't sure if maybe the grounds that I went to were mineralized in a way that interacted with the water to give a surplus of chatter and falsies. I'm going to wait untol it dries a bit and try again and hopefully it works better then. Any tips on this machine or help with this issue would be appreciated.

Landstar

I used the Landstar from 1994 till 2001. I gave $225 for it from a ebay vendor. If the machine is shutting down during ground balancing you need to call First Texas. The Landstar has a set ground balance in Disc Mode and adjustable in all metal mode. If you adjust GB in all metal and switch back to Disc mode it will throw off Target ID. I assume you are hunting in all metal using the ground balance adjustment, but what ever you are doing it shouldn't be turning off. HH

Land Star settings

I appolgize for miss reading the fact that you were adjusting the sensitivity to just before turning off. Try these settings , set sensitivity at 11o'clock, set GB knob on preset, put in adjustable notch with knob all the way to the left. These setting I used a bunch. I paid for my machine every year to 11/2 years as long as I had it with clad. One thing mine was finicky about 9v batteries. It ran better on Energizers as suggested by a FT tech. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom