Who Would Of Thought..

Crooklynways

Banned
Who Would Of thought the first day i bought a metal detector i would get a fifty dollar ticket for not having a permit. And they was going to repossess my detector.And i really didn't know it was that big a deal. but i did find a 1909 one dime, 1918 wheat penny..cant wait till my permit comes in so i can go back to the park.

Aaaaawwwww nuts !!!!

Well, thanks for sharing. May help someone else out who may be unaware.
The first $50 in clad will pay for the ticket.
Marty

Welcome to the group. Nice finds too!

I'm sorry to hear about your fine, but look at it this way; at least you can get a permit and hunt there legally. Some cities, like mine, don't allow detecting in parks at all. Good luck on your future hunts.

Too bad about the fine but at least you found some good stuff. Good luck after you get your permit !!!

YEP, sorry you had to go throuugh that experience. I went out MDing today in a local Tucson park and was asked by the park supervisor to see my permit, which I had . . .

That has not happened to me yet... California is a strange state... I figured if I get stopped on a beach I can quote state law about it not being illegal to use a detector and then have them proove I was digging... I go with my kids and they dig in the sand anyway... no law about digging in the sand for kids.....

It would be a tough sell but hey, I would be worth a try.

ugh.. that is a crappy way to start :( but at least you still have your machine!

good luck in the future! HH

They laugh at me..lol

I went to court today for the $50 ticket i got back in march for Md'ing without a permit in a NYC park the hearing judge was laughing he said in over 25 years working for the city he has NEVER heard of needing a permit and i was his first, so I began to fill him in on what i learned and he asked what was the oldest thing i found i told him 1920 buffalo nickle and his eyes lite up and was so excited like a kid in a candy store and said how cool it was to search for treasure..think he's going to buy one..lol but anyways i have to wait up to a month for the decision in to come in the mail..i think from his excitement I'm in the clear...

I went to court today for the $50 ticket i got back in march for Md'ing without a permit in a NYC park the hearing judge was laughing he said in over 25 years working for the city he has NEVER heard of needing a permit and i was his first, so I began to fill him in on what i learned and he asked what was the oldest thing i found i told him 1920 buffalo nickle and his eyes lite up and was so excited like a kid in a candy store and said how cool it was to search for treasure..think he's going to buy one..lol but anyways i have to wait up to a month for the decision in to come in the mail..i think from his excitement I'm in the clear...

Should have asked the judge if it takes HIM a month to find the law against detecting, how are you supposed to find it?

I had a cop come up to me at a Beach and say I could not dig there. So I asked him, what do you do when children are digging in the sand? This is exactly what he did :roll:.
Must be nice to have a Badge.:roll:

Well at least ya still have your Detector!
Welcome to the Forum...

I'm from Kentucky. What is a fine? :-)
It's great to live in a state where your home is still your castle and wearing your gun is not a privilege, it's your civic duty!

I hate that you got that fine. Move to Kentucky. Live and breathe like a free man!

What the hey ...

Who Would Of thought the first day i bought a metal detector i would get a fifty dollar ticket for not having a permit. And they was going to repossess my detector.And i really didn't know it was that big a deal. but i did find a 1909 one dime, 1918 wheat penny..cant wait till my permit comes in so i can go back to the park.

Permit? You actually have to have a permit to swing a detector? Why - what's the purpose? Does it cost you anything to get?

Dang ... you can get a concealed carry permit quicker than it sounds like you can get a detector permit.

KC

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom