My first ring and it’s, well something?

Diabolik

Elite Member
I was back in the woods a bit today checking out a former home site with the Vanquish. I was not able to hunt the area very well due to the foliage being in my way so I am shocked I even found this thing. It was about 4 or 5 inches deep and rang up as a solid 10 on the Vanquish. There is absolutely no sort of corrosion on it and it is pretty heavy for its size. Could this be pewter? When I get a chance I am going to go back and sift some dirt just to see if the stone of whatever might be there somewhere.

Either way, it is the first ring I have ever found so I’ll take it.

Attachments

• 1311E1EC-FECC-4FE4-ADBD-6FF45CBCB829.jpg
    1311E1EC-FECC-4FE4-ADBD-6FF45CBCB829.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 461
  • 7A343E2F-42A2-457B-BE13-6A917330DCFE.jpg
    7A343E2F-42A2-457B-BE13-6A917330DCFE.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 413
  • FBE46FA8-C699-43BF-99D5-981CD6D43A1D.jpg
    FBE46FA8-C699-43BF-99D5-981CD6D43A1D.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 418
IDK but congrats. Any ring is always a nice find.

Thanks, I forgot to add that the property this came from was demolished in the early 70’s when the park was built so I’m guessing this ring has been there all that time. That’s why I am surprised there is no corrosion. The ground here is not kind to anything. I figured if this was just some sort of pot metal there’d be nothing left of it.

Even if it came from a gum ball machine, I was still excited to find it.

Thanks, I forgot to add that the property this came from was demolished in the early 70’s when the park was built so I’m guessing this ring has been there all that time. That’s why I am surprised there is no corrosion. The ground here is not kind to anything. I figured if this was just some sort of pot metal there’d be nothing left of it.

Even if it came from a gum ball machine, I was still excited to find it.

Hey, how's that Simplex and Vanquish treating ya? I was seriously thinking on those then changed to a Nox 600. I guess this question should be in another thread but...

Hey, how's that Simplex and Vanquish treating ya? I was seriously thinking on those then changed to a Nox 600. I guess this question should be in another thread but...

For my needs I will probably stay with these two for a while. The Simplex is fitted with the smaller 9.5 x 5 coil and I have been using that mainly in local sports parks. I’ve been finding a lot more clad with that setup. It picks out coins really well so you can move along pretty quickly. Its fast recovery makes it well suited for this job.

I recently took the Vanquish to the beach (my first beach experience) had a blast. Can truly turn it on and go. Hunted dry sand, wet sand, and the water’s edge. Was stable throughout and got great depth. Was having no problem finding clad at 10+ inches in the drier sand. I’ve just started dirt hunting with the Vanquish. It is really stable. Still learning the VDI’s a bit, but I have no doubt it is a very capable machine. Really makes for an enjoyable hunt.

Nice! Looks like a vintage ring for a child. They don't make them like that today. It might be made out of bronze. Either way, a nice find for sure!

Back
Top Bottom