• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Page# 3,UPDATE,UPDATE,UPDATE....Platinum & Gold & Big Diamonds too!

Janster

Forum Supporter
..I answered a Craig's list ad yesterday and after contact was made I met a couple vacationing at Lake Tahoe to help them find their lost wedding ring! It appears to be 4 carats, one large 2 carat stone branched by 2 small (??) 1 carat stones. Absolutely beautiful! All I asked for was fuel and parking expense which I figured would be about $30.00,this was before even heading up to the lake to meet them. "No problem, we appreciate your offer to help". We met at Tahoe and he hands me some folded bills which I placed in my pocket without even looking at them. After introductions, it is off to the beach. I handed out detectors, 2, instructions on the usage and set everyone up in ALL METAL Mode with instructions to "Dig Em All". The lady that lost the ring set flip flops out in the corners of where she remembered she was sitting while playing with her children. Her husband, my Bride and I started the search. After about 15 minutes I heard my Bride mutter " Wrong ring". I look over and she is holding a 4 diamond 14k ring and has a look of disgust as she knew we were searching for a Silver colored Platinum ring! The lady who lost her ring comes over and my Brides say" If we do not find yours you can have this one". That is not what she wanted to hear, "I just want my own ring back". The search continues! Here is the 14K ring. We had it checked by our Jeweler and he said the value is $1700.00. Woo Hoo!!
DSC00686.jpg

....... Not 20 minutes later, up comes this Gorgeous beauty, not 15 feet from where the other ring was found and at the depth of about 4"s.
DSC00672.jpg

...... Here is the "ELATED" couple re-united with their totally awesome ring!
DSC00671.jpg

.......Here are both of the rings found today within 1/2 hour!
DSC00678.jpg

...here are the happy and successful hunters! I am on the right, the old grey haired fellow!
DSC00679.jpg

......as we are getting ready to leave the husband offers and helps me carry the detectors to my truck! He says, "I am going to send you the $1000.00 reward". Speechless for a bit I replied, "I am not saying send it, nor am I saying do not send it." He offered and I left it at that, and if he does, GREAT and if not I do not really care. I felt so much joy just being able to solve a nasty emotional experience that the trip alone was worth the effort! Good Karma comes back 10 fold. Believe me IT DOES!!! His ring is so Spectacular I do not believe a better specimen will be found by me EVER! On the way home my Bride says" How much money did he give you"? "Don't know", I replied. I reach in my pocket and out comes 5 Jacksons, woo hoo! Thanks for looking in and sorry for such a long post but I am still really JAZZED!!!! HH, GL and be well.............. Jan

Last edited:
Wow!!!

Doesn't get any better than that!!! Did you get to keep the other ring??? I hope you get the reward too. That would make your effort WELL worth it. But I bet it was just great to see their faces, and be actually able to find her ring....Priceless!!! Well Done!

Wow Janster WOW!!! :wow:

That is a story that will live with you forever. 15,000 Karma points
have been deposited at your Karma bank.

Congratulations on finding that ring and making that young couple very happy.

PS: Finding that 14K ring is a nice byproduct of performing that favor. ;)

Thank You For Finding our Ring

First and foremost, we offer our eternal gratitude to Jan + Kerry for answering our craigslist ad, driving to Lake Tahoe and of course for finding our ring. If we had any idea how to send karma points we would send tens of thousands of them. We have to be honest, we turned to craigslist as a last ditch effort after calling several rental metal detector agencies in the area looking for someone to help us with little luck. Needless to say, we had really low hopes and low expectations that there were people out there who would actually help us find our ring out of the goodness of their hearts (and of course, as we now understand...for the love of your sport). Thank you, thank you, thank you Jan + Kerry. As we said on the beach, you were part of the fifth happiest day in our lives so far (preceded only by the day we were engaged, married, had our daughter and then our son). Should you ever find yourselves back in Portland, please know you will have two very grateful hosts!

Attachments

• engagement.jpg
    engagement.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,784
One of the best posts this year. That is a whopper of a ring but it would mean just as much with no stones to the owner. The karma check is in the mail.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom