Arctic Snow Cone Hut / coin hunt

if you can imagine under that small a deck area 222 coins face value $51.82 that fell through the cracks .

Do you have any idea how long that stand was there before they moved ?

Hey, that's an idea ! :newidea: open up your own snow cone stand with a deck, then once a week or month, move the deck after closing for the day to retrieve any coins :laughing: (just kidding :lol:) (though if you have a deck it has to have spaces between the boards to let water thru and for expansion, that is just part of how it has to be made)

......it might make you watch for similar places to detect though, any idea where that snow cone stand moved to ? :lol:

Last edited:
Did the Google Street View camera car catch Dave detecting at the snow cone stand ? :laughing:
Dave_detecting_Snow_Cone_stand.jpg

snow cone stand

Do you have any idea how long that stand was there before they moved ?

Hey, that's an idea ! :newidea: open up your own snow cone stand with a deck, then once a week or month, move the deck after closing for the day to retrieve any coins :laughing: (just kidding :lol:) (though if you have a deck it has to have spaces between the boards to let water thru and for expansion, that is just part of how it has to be made)

......it might make you watch for similar places to detect though, any idea where that snow cone stand moved to ? :lol:

I don't know for sure ,but i think it was only there for a few years and only open during the summer months . I have been hunting around the picnic tables for a couple of years now. It is one of those places i have driven by lots of time and never paid much notice of , and even being close to the house i rarely drove in that direction. All the coins were newer but very discolored . It was unexpected to find out it had been removed and i was out of state at the time. I will keep a eye out for other snow cone stands in the future.

snow cone stand

Don't know how many were surface finds and how many buried but if a large majority buried I can imagine you had that little area worked up like ready to plant a garden.[emoji23]

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

The lumber supports that held up the deck gave me a nice grid of the area sweep it in both directions . I also used my small 4 inch coil on my Fisher F4 as well as a small hand rake . As i would rake up my target often another coin or two near by would pop up . Never even needed to use my pinpointer there this trip, normally around the picnic tables many of the targets were fairly deep and seemed to have been there longer. A lot of the pennies recovered there were already rotting away.

Back
Top Bottom