Need some help in Russellville, AR

special_kev

I was told to try to find someone here by some other metal detecting guys. I hope I'm posting in an appropriate spot. If not, please move this thread for me.

I have about a half acre lot in town. House was built in 1958 and I've found all sorts of weird stuff laying on the ground since we bought it a few years ago. I'm not sure what all, if anything, might be hiding underground.

Anyway, to get to the point, I was throwing some coals out into the yard the other day and my ring slipped off and went with them. I have searched multiple times (Once at night with a flashlight) but come up empty handed every time. The ring should be in a <400 sqft area, assuming it didn't travel further than the coals that I was throwing. I'm hoping that there might be someone local who would be interested in having free reign of my yard in exchange for finding my ring. This only happened a couple of days ago, it hasn't rained, and neither of the kids has played outside because it's been so cold. Theoretically, it should still be sitting on top of the grass somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere.

If anyone is available and interested, please get in touch. The ring is white gold and should (Hopefully) be able to be found in a relatively small area.

OP contacted, we'll be hunting for it this weekend. I'll post the outcome, hopefully with a good picture:)

Great video opp also, you bringing both machines, get the OP a taste of the gold rush

Success! I was at the store when medicchief arrived. According to my wife, I showed up about 5 minutes after he got there and he'd already found the ring in that time. Super nice guy and now I just have to convince my wife that we should invest in a metal detector. Obligatory photo is attached. I hope you can see the ring / my extreme enthusiasm here.

Success! I found the ring after about 5-10 minutes of swinging, with my AT Pro. I took my Delta as well, but the OP ran to the store...

Good ending, great feeling to find the OP's white gold wedding band.

Last edited:
Great video opp also, you bringing both machines, get the OP a taste of the gold rush

Success! I was at the store when medicchief arrived. According to my wife, I showed up about 5 minutes after he got there and he'd already found the ring in that time. Super nice guy and now I just have to convince my wife that we should invest in a metal detector. Obligatory photo is attached. I hope you can see the ring / my extreme enthusiasm here.

If I hadn't had been on duty all weekend (little sleep), I would have stayed and showed you the hobby. Probably good that I didn't, you would be buying a MD tomorrow (your yard is full of stuff, several good sub-surface tones). I'll be in touch Kev!

Congratulations on a great recovery and return, this is the kind of storys people need to hear about metal detector users.:grin:

If I hadn't had been on duty all weekend (little sleep), I would have stayed and showed you the hobby. Probably good that I didn't, you would be buying a MD tomorrow (your yard is full of stuff, several good sub-surface tones). I'll be in touch Kev!

That's not a surprise! We have found all kinds of things in and around our house during our renovations. I'm already hinting at what I want for my birthday in a few months ;)

That's not a surprise! We have found all kinds of things in and around our house during our renovations. I'm already hinting at what I want for my birthday in a few months ;)

Let me know if you are ready to get serious about a MD. I will be glad to help with your selection, so will many experienced people on this forum. You should use my MD's first as well. There is a section here for advice too. A lot of brand loyalty here, so I encourage you to read reviews as well. That's what I did with both my detector purchases.

Thanks for the congrats everyone!:thankyou:

Back
Top Bottom