was so excited about this 1836 yard

bobac

Elite Member
Alas......its been detected to death.......I should have known by the lady's tone and how quickly she said yes.......I gotta make it a point to start asking them " HAS ANYONE DETECTED HERE BEFORE????"

Anyway.....I didn't leave empty-handed....The 2 hour round trip drive wasn't a complete waste.......
I had about 3 hours there and never even caught a wheat.....but I knew something had to be there, I just had a feeling .....the yard was way too big to clean out completely....

The german coin was from an earlier hunt a few days ago. (from another early 1800s permission that had been wiped clean before me)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 431
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 444
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 416
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 417
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 444
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 433
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 391
  • 20200324_205437.jpg
    20200324_205437.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 397
  • 20200324_205459.jpg
    20200324_205459.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 396
That’s a nice haul,you got a nice barber so that’s big plus. Congrats on the finds..I’ve hunted some old houses like that and struck out altogether,you did pretty good.

Yeah, been there before. Although finding a barber in a couple hours is pretty decent in todays dqy and age!

Ive had some poor house sites, that i just chaulked up to little activity that involved coins.

Haha, I forget sometimes that an hour away is a loooooong distance to folks in other states. In CA, that’s called “every time you start your car,” lol!

Nice haul, yes! Just ribbin ya. I’m glad the trip wasn’t for naught.

hour drive

Haha, I forget sometimes that an hour away is a loooooong distance to folks in other states. In CA, that’s called “every time you start your car,” lol!

Nice haul, yes! Just ribbin ya. I’m glad the trip wasn’t for naught.

HAHA.....yeah , I hear that from my west coast siblings a lot.....
I take for granted that I drive a grand total or 3 minutes to get to my job !!!
And I'm late 3 days a week.....:?::?::cool3::cool3:

But , I'v definitely done my share of road trips for hunting......I've managed a few silvers from NY, PA, MA, OH, CT, FL......

Congrats on some nice finds. I would say that yard maybe had not yet been hunted; many of mine have been complete busts and the owners have said they’ve never been hit.

A hunt like that really "gets my goat!" :lol: I know: Ba-a-a-ad pun. :lol:
Glad you managed a very nice Barber and the cool Billy goat! Nice looking foreign coin too!

Too bad that dime doesn't have the S mint mark!

Back
Top Bottom