No silver--Just $27.00 in Clad

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today, I was hoping to find just that one lonely piece of silver, but it never happened. However, since I went over my posting target of $25 in clad, I decided to post my finds.

My first stop was an older small park that did not produce much so I departed early due to rain. I then went to sports field and the clad finds were lucrative. The field section itself was actually sparse with targets so I worked the outer banks and hillsides and that is were the gravy came in.

All-in-all, a good day for clad stabbing with finding about $27.00 in total. A lot of digging in finding those 91 quarters but it was most enjoyable.

Thanks for stopping by to checkout my post!

Attachments

• IMG_1971.jpg
    IMG_1971.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 294
I thought I pulled a lot of clad, but this is amazing! Your totals for the last two years are worth a couple of ounces of gold. :workforgold:

I gotta try the parks and sports fields now with the beach closed. I can't wait to see what I find.

Congrats on the clad count but how are your knees doing? That's a lot of squats to do in one day.

Thank you!

I thought I pulled a lot of clad, but this is amazing! Your totals for the last two years are worth a couple of ounces of gold. :workforgold:

I gotta try the parks and sports fields now with the beach closed. I can't wait to see what I find.

Thanks beachclad! So far this year looks to being another good clad year. But with the prices of precious metals dropping, clad might soon be worth more..lol. Actually, the parks have "closed" signs up, but I still hunt them.

Wow JAK! Wonderful Clad Quarter total that is amazing!

Thanks LovestheShiny! It was like crazy. Halfway through the hunt, I just started to cherry pick mostly quarters. It was one of those locations, I had to work fast...

That’s a crazy amount of clad for one day. Nice going.

Thanks Jamflicker! The day stated out like in reverse gear, but things sure came to life when I hit my second location.

That be a lot of up and down digging John. You never seize to amaze. Congrats on another huge take of pocket change. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! A good serving of clad in the pouch sure makes up for the lack of silver in my hunts. Opps, hey congrats to you on the four war nickels you had found!

Back on the attack; rackin' up fat stacks...that's JAK!
Nice megaclad post!

Thanks Foragist! I think to myself, finding that $27 in clad is like finding 27 mercs, but then again with today's market metal prices probably more like 30...lol. Now I just got to find my next clad buffet line.

Congrats on the clad count but how are your knees doing? That's a lot of squats to do in one day.

Thanks BalAssCat! For an old geezer I am holding up well. I think by me squatting and not going down on my knees to dig is the way to go. I find this way very efficient, comfortable and a good workout in between.

Dang ! I would get a backache just picking up that much coinage as surface finds let alone digging it ! Way to go , congrats !

Thanks Soil Surgeon! I was lucky today, the ground was semi-loose and moist. For at least one of the plug cuts and in one motion I'll squat down while pushing the Predator shovel into the ground. And the good news is, I never have back or other problems....knock on wood. And thanks for your kind words too!

Holy heck John that's a lot of digging. At least you have enough to buy a good supply of Salonpas patches for you back. That's some great hunting there, congrats on an outstanding hunt. Stay safe over there. Good luck, Mark

Thank you!

Holy heck John that's a lot of digging. At least you have enough to buy a good supply of Salonpas patches for you back. That's some great hunting there, congrats on an outstanding hunt. Stay safe over there. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark! A lot of digging is right. And where I was digging, I had to dig fast too... In fact, I was digging so much, I broke/worn out my Predator shovel holster again. I am repairing it today. Knock-on-wood, I am good health. When I worry about my health is when I am not digging...lol. Take care and find some more war nicks.

Dayyynngg that’s a glad haul! :wow:

Nice work!

Thanks GroundSweeper! When I am not finding silver...which is way too often, let me find those clads...lol.

Thanks coin pirate! You are right about that. Thank goodness the ground was rather soft for digging. Hey WV, beautiful lay back country. Many years ago, I lived in St. Albans for a short period.

It'll be my turn soon, should be getting out for the first hunt of 2020 later this week

Back
Top Bottom