Dectecting IS essential exercise! Montana hunt.

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Headed back to Missoula, met my Nox 800 buddy from Helena at 11:00 am, only to see snow on the ground in Missoula! Found a newer ca 1930's neighborhood with little snow, and with warming temps into the 40's it was soon gone.

We started in on a curb strip that my 1950's reference map showed I had not detected yet, and also got a couple of permissions. My friend found a 1907-S Barber dime in the front yard of a 1930 bungalow, and I pulled a Silver Rosie from the curb strip. I did get the "DEPUTY MARSHALL" badge from that curb strip, along with lots of clad and copper pennies. Further down the curb strip I found a Mercury Dime, more wheat pennies, and other modern coins. Across the street my friend pulled a Silver Rosie, and more wheaties. We did get the OK at a nearby corner home, and my friend showed the amazing unmasking capabilities of the Nox by finding a Silver Washington Quarter in the same hole as a large buried coathanger!

We moved a couple of blocks east and got permission at a ca 1930 small corner home. While I was pulling wheatie after wheatie, my friend found a spill with 3 wheaties, a Silver Rosie, and a Merc Dime (making his dime trifecta for the day!) I ended up with two smaller non precious rings, and out of the curb strip a large fancy gold looking ring. Checked when I got home, it says 18K H G E (Heavy Gold Electroplate) - sad to say!

We ended up with lots of clad and copper cents, 52 wheat pennies between the two of us, 3 rings and total of 8 silvers. Cold and windy in the afternoon, but still productive, thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• penn1.jpg
    penn1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 593
  • penn2.jpg
    penn2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 544
  • jason2.jpg
    jason2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 552
More nice hunting from Montana. Another very good outing David. Actually went out yesterday for my first essential outdoor activity hunt yesterday after Wisconsin was shut down on Wednesday. Really found it strange to be the only person in a park. Congrats on the Silver's, the horde of Wheat's along with all the rest. Trapper

The badge is awesome, the ring is beautiful, sorry to hear its only plated. It would have definitely got my heart pounding. Still on my list are those cutout tokens. They're pretty cool. And congrats on the shiny to you and your buddy, looks to be one fine hunt. Stay safe. Mark

More nice hunting from Montana. Another very good outing David. Actually went out yesterday for my first essential outdoor activity hunt yesterday after Wisconsin was shut down on Wednesday. Really found it strange to be the only person in a park. Congrats on the Silver's, the horde of Wheat's along with all the rest. Trapper

Thank you Trapper! Our Governor just declared that Montana is now a "shelter in place" state with businesses to close down. Glad outdoor activity to stay healthy is just fine, will do my best to fulfill that responsibility by metal detecting as often as the weather allows!

The badge is awesome, the ring is beautiful, sorry to hear its only plated. It would have definitely got my heart pounding. Still on my list are those cutout tokens. They're pretty cool. And congrats on the shiny to you and your buddy, looks to be one fine hunt. Stay safe. Mark

Thank you Mark! The tokens are from Missoula, even though they say United Transit Company they are the ones used in Missoula.

I agree whole heartedly Lovestheshiney!!! Congrats on the finds and silver!

Thanks Lil Worm, lets keep detecting to just follow orders!

Another nice hunt, stay safe out there!

Thank you zeemang. Will stay safe and try and get out more, weather permitting here.

Congrats on the great finds! I have to build up the courage to start doing curb strips and permissions. Does anyone give you problems curb stripping?

That's a nice haul of silver.....

Thank you D4C!

Congrats on the great finds! I have to build up the courage to start doing curb strips and permissions. Does anyone give you problems curb stripping?

Thank you deeper! Usually no problem, many times I go up to the door to let the adjacent homeowner know I will be detecting the curb strip, and how careful I will be. That also gives me the opportunity to ask to detect their front yard while I am at it!

Physically and mentally these days. Great haul guys!!

Thank you Fredneck!

Very good hunt there! Especially love the Deputy Marshall star badge! You're on a roll lately...keep it rollin'!

Thank you Foragist, will do my best to keep rollin'!

Congrats on the silver!!

Thank you Louie!

You keep killin it, man, Nice bunch of finds.

Thank you Todd. Hopefully heading back to Missoula today, Saturday, with the wife to help out, will see how the situation is up there...

Very nice! We finally got some permissions and found an epic old abandoned area to hunt when Bullock decided to order the lockdown. Downloaded the ordinance and first thing I saw was outdoor activity is still permitted haha. Metal detecting DEFINITELY falls.under this category. Congrats on another awesome hunt! I might be headed out to missoula here in a week or so to see my family, maybe we can swing a coil!??

Very nice! We finally got some permissions and found an epic old abandoned area to hunt when Bullock decided to order the lockdown. Downloaded the ordinance and first thing I saw was outdoor activity is still permitted haha. Metal detecting DEFINITELY falls.under this category. Congrats on another awesome hunt! I might be headed out to missoula here in a week or so to see my family, maybe we can swing a coil!??

Thank you ChrisnAmanda! Yep, private message me with your contact phone # and I would be happy to meet you in Missoula and detect together!

Wow that’s a crazy winner take, super congrats!

Thank you GS!

Some nice finds! We're shut down here in Hawaii. Parks and beaches are off limits! Can't wait until this thing passes!

Back
Top Bottom