Nokta Makro Legend feedback, use, comparisons, etc

Legend owners may find this video helpful
Hunting in modern trash sites.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPbMh3BhtE

Some more videos coming tomorrow.
To show how user of Legend can spot mixed conductivity targets/masking taking place before they dig a target (odds wise).
Using beach wet and likely park multi 1.

Last edited:
TSS,

I've been watching your videos, and it seems that you are indeed showing unbiased tests with the Legend. So, thank you for that.

A have 2 questions / comments for you:

1) I couldn't always see the screen in your foil / silver coin test, but anyway, I can't seem to replicate what I think you're seeing. More specifically, when I do the test and sweep over the targets, I get an average of around 27-29 and can then isolate either target to get the proper ID's. I know of 2 others on the Legend's Facebook page who also did the test and received the same results that I did. This leads me to believe that somehow our methodology is slightly different, or perhaps due to processor shortages and obtaining clone processors, there will be slight differences in performance between units?

2) I've previously posted that I was finding the 6" coil has extreme depth. More specifically, I posted that it was getting about the same depth as the 11" coil. That seems to go against all we know about coil size in relation to depth, and that's probably why some people thought I was nuts. lol

Anyway, this morning, I searched on You Tube for a depth comparison, and the only one I found was from Calabash, which he coincidently just posted. His video seems to confirm that the 6" gets about the same depth as the 11" on coin sized objects. I have a couple of questions for him. What forum does he belong to so that I can comment on his videos?

TSS,

I've been watching your videos, and it seems that you are indeed showing unbiased tests with the Legend. So, thank you for that.

A have 2 questions / comments for you:

1) I couldn't always see the screen in your foil / silver coin test, but anyway, I can't seem to replicate what I think you're seeing. More specifically, when I do the test and sweep over the targets, I get an average of around 27-29 and can then isolate either target to get the proper ID's. I know of 2 others on the Legend's Facebook page who also did the test and received the same results that I did. This leads me to believe that somehow our methodology is slightly different, or perhaps due to processor shortages and obtaining clone processors, there will be slight differences in performance between units?

2) I've previously posted that I was finding the 6" coil has extreme depth. More specifically, I posted that it was getting about the same depth as the 11" coil. That seems to go against all we know about coil size in relation to depth, and that's probably why some people thought I was nuts. lol

Anyway, this morning, I searched on You Tube for a depth comparison, and the only one I found was from Calabash, which he coincidently just posted. His video seems to confirm that the 6" gets about the same depth as the 11" on coin sized objects. I have a couple of questions for him. What forum does he belong to so that I can comment on his videos?

Well.
Night and day difference using beach wet vs park m1 and m3. When lower conductor is masking somewhat. Higher conductors and yes even lower conductor like a nickel.

I have done. Zero test on Legend for depth. Other than some coil height above some targets elevated above the ground.
Calabash is on Tnet.

Btw more video coming later today.
Using 6” coil on Legend.
And may show some head to heads with Nox with 6” coil. May look at park 1 and beach 1 on Nox when comparing.

Will be a while. Have to take mudder in law to the doc.

Ok. Thanks for that.

The beach wet was really an eye opener!

Video
Comparing Legend 1.09 to Equinox 800.
Vertical nail and dime.
Watching ID tendencies.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=85150ijF_Og

Not for one moment questioning your testing.

I performed the same test because this test is something that I often encounter.
In the testing I did the Equinox and Legend had almost identical results taking into account the Legend's 10 extra target IDs in the low to mid conductor/up to zinc penny target ID range. Equinox went from 25 down to 18 as the 6" coil was raised. Legend went from 45 to 33 as its 6" coil was raised.

Last edited:
Video
Comparing Legend and Equinox 800 wearing 6 inch coils.
Notice Legend gives no ID on tests. Eqx does.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ulacU_f6DbA

This test also interested me so I replicated it.

My Equinox and Legend had almost identical results using Park 1, iron rejected Equinox setting and the Park M1 iron rejected Legend setting with recovery speed and iron filter settings set similarly. Both gave high conductor one way hits on the dime with fairly accurate target IDs for the first two or three passes then both displays went to -- --. It was possible to isolate the dime with tiny swings and almost get accurate 2 way clad dime hits with both detectors.

Accepting the iron range on both detectors resulted in high conductor one way hits with double beep iron nail like responses and with Equinox giving -3 to -5 and Legend giving 6 to 3 iron range target IDs. It was still possible to isolate the clad dime with short swings over it which resulted in very good IDs on both detectors.

This test also interested me so I replicated it.

My Equinox and Legend had almost identical results using Park 1, iron rejected Equinox setting and the Park M1 iron rejected Legend setting with recovery speed and iron filter settings set similarly. Both gave high conductor one way hits on the dime with fairly accurate target IDs for the first two or three passes then both displays went to -- --. It was possible to isolate the dime with tiny swings and almost get accurate 2 way clad dime hits with both detectors.

Accepting the iron range on both detectors resulted in high conductor one way hits with double beep iron nail like responses and with Equinox giving -3 to -5 and Legend giving 6 to 3 iron range target IDs. It was still possible to isolate the clad dime with short swings over it which resulted in very good IDs on both detectors.

Well.
My results were what they were. Funny thing is that concrete nail is seemingly what causes this. I can switch out nail with another and get different results.
Is it the carbon or the shape causing? I don’t know.

Not for one moment questioning your testing.

I performed the same test because this test is something that I often encounter.
In the testing I did the Equinox and Legend had almost identical results taking into account the Legend's 10 extra target IDs in the low to mid conductor/up to zinc penny target ID range. Equinox went from 25 down to 18 as the 6" coil was raised. Legend went from 45 to 33 as its 6" coil was raised.

I did this test again actually later in the day. Same results.
Actually using park M1-M3 using Legend vs park 1 EQX. Tendency is for lower ID witnessed on Legend. Far lower than what one one calculate or allow for the different ID scales. Using high conductive target. Why? Imo it is due to either or lower freq or lower freq weighting used on EQX Park 1 or something else. Now using multi beach wet On Legend not so much (this would seem to mean part of what is seen is freq or freq weighting driven).
If I Switch to mid to lower conductor results more mirror the allowing of the different ID scales used on the 2 models detectors.
Using park and field modes with Legend vs Equinox Park 1.. In the field one is more likely to get more accurate ID on somewhat masked higher conductive target using EQX. Masking caused by either ferrous or nonferrous. Multi Beach Wet use on Legend expect more accurate ID on masked higher and lower conductors caused by lower conductive objects using Legend over Equinox using multi freq all park and field detect modes using EQX modes.

Maybe a better test to see the real deal comparing the models using park 1 EQX and all park M1-M3 is to do comparison with some under high conductive target plane testing with ferrous laying beneath. I did test like this with Deus 2. Results were interesting. And not many folks do these. Lot of folks don’t even think it can happen. Oh well.

I may do few more tests and video this morning. But show in a slightly different way. Showing ID tendencies when ferrous is introduced into equation.
A VLF detector how it responds is not solely based on freq used. More going on under the hood imo. And under some hoods different than others. Also I need to mention. Using beach wet program. It I think doesn’t have same (iron filter) vs park mode, if it did have iron filter as the park program would results be even better using beach wet??? IDK.
Clear as a bell though to me beach wet is using lower freq vs park and field program. And Nokta Makro should seriously consider moving this ops into either or a park or field program with appropriate ground range for Gbing and iron filter. Nokta Makro may even should consider lowering freq of beachnwet program somewhat more if they decide to place this into a land/soil based program. Killer unmasking in modern trash (ID wise) should be one of Nokta Makro’s goals.

Last edited:
Folks , don't pay attention to these tests. If you want THE TRUTH just look at the Nokta Makro recent video on YouTube by Dilek. She also has a direct challenge to TNSS , CB and the like. Truth hurts

Folks , don't pay attention to these tests. If you want THE TRUTH just look at the Nokta Makro recent video on YouTube by Dilek. She also has a direct challenge to TNSS , CB and the like. Truth hurts

Agree 100%

When one is motivated to find an alleged "problem", it's not that hard to do so. You just try out as many possible scenarios until you finally find one in which you can proclaim, "I found a problem"!!! It can be done on ANY detector.

I currently own, have owned, and used many different detectors. At no time did I ever have a desire to bash any of them, or go out of my way to try and discover some bizarre "issue".

At this point in my detecting life lol, I happen to be using a Legend. My general conclusion with the Legend, is rather simply, "Excellent performance. Excellent build quality. Excellent value". The icing on the cake, is that Nokta is also a metal detecting company that interacts with, and listens to their customers. All the boxes are ticked with this product.

Anyway, I hunt in a lot of "bed of nails" sites. With the proper adjustment of the Legend's iron bias control, I often pull out deep coins that are surrounded by nails and other trash. As long as I'm doing that, then I'll remain being very impressed with the Legend, and remain being much less interested in contrived "tests".

Happy hunting :)

When one is motivated to find an alleged "problem", it's not that hard to do so. You just try out as many possible scenarios until you finally find one in which you can proclaim, "I found a problem"!!! It can be done on ANY detector.

I currently own, have owned, and used many different detectors. At no time did I ever have a desire to bash any of them, or go out of my way to try and discover some bizarre "issue".

At this point in my detecting life lol, I happen to be using a Legend. My general conclusion with the Legend, is rather simply, "Excellent performance. Excellent build quality. Excellent value". The icing on the cake, is that Nokta is also a metal detecting company that interacts with, and listens to their customers. All the boxes are ticked with this product.

Anyway, I hunt in a lot of "bed of nails" sites. With the proper adjustment of the Legend's iron bias control, I often pull out deep coins that are surrounded by nails and other trash. As long as I'm doing that, then I'll remain being very impressed with the Legend, and remain being much less interested in contrived "tests".

Happy hunting :)
These are the kind of comments I like to read. Real life USERS of a machine. Sure , if something is seriously wrong , I want to know. But not this overblown , inconceivable combination of purposely contrived bogus tests. That is not reality.

The ONLY purpose of a few lonely , miserable people is to drive folks to their channel for views , subscribers and some chump change that they can do more tests with. Many other tubers can condense quite a few tests in 1 video. Not 18 videos in a 2 week span. Ridonkulous ! But this could be a hobby in of itself , idk. IMO these should be banned on this forum or at least be limited. Unless they PAY to advertise their channel. Because what they are doing is getting it for free. Most regulars won't click anymore. But the new members , well......

Back
Top Bottom