• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Start up of the Royal Man Cave! First photo UPDATE

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT has been absent a few days while planning and ordering items for His Royal Man Cave. Already present is a sleeper sofa and the new Royal Rocker Recliner with electric recline, massage, heat, lumbar support, and adjustable neck rest!

KT has a flat screen tv installed, and has ordered several man cave signs, and a photograph of KT's favorite actor...John Wayne...on a Honda motorcycle, a 3 long gun wall rack...now in Royal Possession. It is assembled and once the weather begins to warm up, KT will camo paint it...of course you knew that was coming! :laughing::laughing: Then it will be mounted on the man cave wall!

Yesterday KT purchased another Marlin Model 60 .22lr semi-auto rifle...not as pretty as the first one, this one well qualifies for a paint job...a good cleaning and test firing will happen before the camo painting. All this is due to the sale of His Majesties Royal Mineral Collection and the 6 display cases that much of it was housed in. Alrighty now, in this thread, tomorrow KT will post a picture of the unpainted gun rack.

One thing, KT's Man Cave is small, in a portion of a much larger room, but with the present situation, KT is not interested in inviting friends over to watch football! :lol::lol: Once everything is finished there will be a few pictures of the room posted here.

Last edited:
It sounds very cool your majesty. Get the royal photographer busy with some pictures if you would please.;)

Could it look something like this KT ? :laughing:
KT-man-cave-inside.jpgKT-man-cave.jpg

KT has been absent a few days while planning and ordering items for His Royal Man Cave. Already present is a sleeper sofa and the new Royal Rocker Recliner with electric recline, massage, heat, lumbar support, and adjustable neck rest!

KT has a flat screen tv installed, and has ordered several man cave signs, and a photograph of KT's favorite actor...John Wayne...on a Honda motorcycle, a 3 long gun wall rack...now in Royal Possession. It is assembled and once the weather begins to warm up, KT will camo paint it...of course you knew that was coming! :laughing::laughing: Then it will be mounted on the man cave wall!

Yesterday KT purchased another Marlin Model 60 .22lr semi-auto rifle...not as pretty as the first one, this one well qualifies for a paint job...a good cleaning and test firing will happen before the camo painting. All this is due to the sale of His Majesties Royal Mineral Collection and the 6 display cases that much of it was housed in. Alrighty now, in this thread, tomorrow KT will post a picture of the unpainted gun rack.

One thing, KT's Man Cave is small, in a portion of a much larger room, but with the present situation, KT is not interested in inviting friends over to watch football! :lol::lol: Once everything is finished there will be a few pictures of the room posted here.
looking forward to seeing pictures

The Surgeon once had a spare room as a Mancave . It was a glorious mess almost qualifying as a hoarders abode . Although my massive collections of things seemed in disarray I knew where everything was and could find it quickly . Well , that all changed
when a family member's marital status changed which led to the room having to become a living space .
Now , I have a Man corner in our bedroom where my laptop is and all my things are in boxes or shelves in the garage or in backyard sheds or God knows where and I can't seem to find a thing without a big time consuming hassle .

My wife is even encroaching on that precious space with her things now . I tell ya' an old Dude can't catch a break anywhere these days !

Good to hear the King is the Master of his domain and is living the dream . I was debating as to digging myself a subterranean man bunker under the house but I gave up after I couldn't find my pick or shovels and my Wilcox digger just isn't going to cut it .
Huge congrats on your exquisite Mancave your Highness .

Fear not there's still hope for me though , all I have to do is find just one chest of gold and I can make some additions to the old house . That really shouldn't be that hard now that I've got the mighty Nox 600 !:laughing:

Looking forward to seeing more of your cammo artistry !:yes:

man cave

The Surgeon once had a spare room as a Mancave . It was a glorious mess almost qualifying as a hoarders abode . Although my massive collections of things seemed in disarray I knew where everything was and could find it quickly . Well , that all changed
when a family member's marital status changed which led to the room having to become a living space .
Now , I have a Man corner in our bedroom where my laptop is and all my things are in boxes or shelves in the garage or in backyard sheds or God knows where and I can't seem to find a thing without a big time consuming hassle .

My wife is even encroaching on that precious space with her things now . I tell ya' an old Dude can't catch a break anywhere these days !

Good to hear the King is the Master of his domain and is living the dream . I was debating as to digging myself a subterranean man bunker under the house but I gave up after I couldn't find my pick or shovels and my Wilcox digger just isn't going to cut it .

Fear not there's still hope for me though , all I have to do is find just one chest of gold and I can make some additions to the old house . That really shouldn't be that hard now that I've got the mighty Nox 600 !:laughing:

May be you can get a nice big man shed out back :laughing: I have a small corner in the basement for my metal detecting gear and coin collecting stuff and books. Many of my collectables are still boxed up in the garage since 1993.:laughing:

Yes, Soil Surgeon, it is the common plight of most men to have to stay in touch with their "feminine" side by letting the wife and family set his boundaries for him, kinda like the fellow saying he is the King of his Castle so long as his wife let's him be!

Fortunately the Castle is large enough that KT can have a reasonable space to call His Own...previously that space was occupied with display cases with the Royal Mineral Collection. KT and the Queen have an arrangement...one born of many years of companionship. She gets her personal space...most of the upper level of the Castle and KT gets the space now designated as the Man Cave. She has given up nothing and KT has gained this space by rearrangement of furnishings! And fortunately the basement level of the Castle has a large refrigerator and snack storage room!

Yes, another long gun has been purchased on Monday and a 3 rifle/shotgun wall rack arrived yesterday. It has been assembled, but due to poor weather (cold and rainy), KT must put off camo painting of both the rack and the new-to-KT rifle for a week or so, but this to shall come to pass. Pics of those efforts shall be posted, and that is a Royal Promise!

Somehow a duplication of the previous post by KT

Yes, Soil Surgeon, it is the common plight of most men to have to stay in touch with their "feminine" side by letting the wife and family set his boundaries for him, kinda like the fellow saying he is the King of his Castle so long as his wife let's him be!

Fortunately the Castle is large enough that KT can have a reasonable space to call His Own...previously that space was occupied with display cases with the Royal Mineral Collection. KT and the Queen have an arrangement...one born of many years of companionship. She gets her personal space...most of the upper level of the Castle and KT gets the space now designated as the Man Cave. She has given up nothing and KT has gained this space by rearrangement of furnishings! And fortunately the basement level of the Castle has a large refrigerator and snack storage room!

Yes, another long gun has been purchased on Monday and a 3 rifle/shotgun wall rack arrived yesterday. It has been assembled, but due to poor weather (cold and rainy), KT must put off camo painting of both the rack and the new-to-KT rifle for a week or so, but this to shall come to pass. Pics of those efforts shall be posted, and that is a Royal Promise!

May be you can get a nice big man shed out back :laughing: I have a small corner in the basement for my metal detecting gear and coin collecting stuff and books. Many of my collectables are still boxed up in the garage since 1993.:laughing:

The Australians had a popular song, back in 1986, when KT was on a Royal Visit. It told the story of a man and his shed, extolling the virtues of having a place to get away from family, women, ect. A place where a man could be a man and do manly things! Perhaps you need a shed out in the outback of your own backyard! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

man shed

The Australians had a popular song, back in 1986, when KT was on a Royal Visit. It told the story of a man and his shed, extolling the virtues of having a place to get away from family, women, ect. A place where a man could be a man and do manly things! Perhaps you need a shed out in the outback of your own backyard! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

unfortunate here in Missouri would need a to be heated in the winter and cooled in the summer , then there is a lack of space back yard slopes up hill . Lots of peach trees out there in the back yard which we enjoy picking and sharing I hope to get more of the basement space once we get the daughters stored stuff out of there.

unfortunate here in Missouri would need a to be heated in the winter and cooled in the summer , then there is a lack of space back yard slopes up hill . Lots of peach trees out there in the back yard which we enjoy picking and sharing I hope to get more of the basement space once we get the daughters stored stuff out of there.

At least you have recognised there are options! Good for you!:yes::yes:

Making space

At least you have recognised there are options! Good for you!:yes::yes:

Really at our age we need to start emptying out closets and the garage and basement and getting rid of a lot of stuff we no longer need or use . We have both become kind of pack rats over the years. We have lived in this house since 1993 and it is amazing how much stuff you accumulate in that time. :laughing: My wife also buys a lot of stuff to ship over to the Philippines in boxes to her relatives so one bedroom always looks like a small store. :laughing:

Really at our age we need to start emptying out closets and the garage and basement and getting rid of a lot of stuff we no longer need or use . We have both become kind of pack rats over the years. We have lived in this house since 1993 and it is amazing how much stuff you accumulate in that time. :laughing: My wife also buys a lot of stuff to ship over to the Philippines in boxes to her relatives so one bedroom always looks like a small store. :laughing:

Yep, KT understands too well! We have been selling some unneccessaries via Facebook Marketplace. Seems to work very well. KT had some metal cabinets in the center of the Royal Barn, have sold two of the four this week, which paid for the new old rifle to camo paint. Got two more to go! Ha ha. We have a 4 1/2" jaw DR chipper shredder that only has 5.5 hours on it, selling it also. Then the Royal Barn will have enough extra room inside for the Queens new mower with the DR pull behind bagger. She wants chopped up leaves for mulch for her garden and this should do it...and another fun job for KT's Royal Garden Crew! Ha ha.

A short update

One of the signs arrived today...tomorrow it will be hung and a picture taken..:laughing::laughing:

After a bit of stud finding and measuring, not one of the 6 holes predrilled in the gun rack matches the spacing of the studs where KT plans to mount the item, so...KT decided to patch those holes and drill new ones before applying the camo paint. Second coat has now been applied and it will all be sanded smooth tomorrow. Unfortunately We are in for a week of cold and wet weather, very bad conditions for spray painting, so this project, once prepped, will sit and wait on the weather, just like the new rifle.

KT had a wonderous Thanksgiving being with the Royal Family and partaking in the massive feast, then to the Royal Man Cave and binge watching football! :lol::lol: Life is good as The King! :heartylaugh::heartylaugh::kingdances::kingdances:

Ok, so here are a couple of pics of the first sign. It is posted at the entrance to the Man Cave on the basement level of the Castle! :laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• Sign at back entrance to Castle basement.jpg
    Sign at back entrance to Castle basement.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 137
  • Sign close up.jpg
    Sign close up.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
One of the signs arrived today...tomorrow it will be hung and a picture taken..:laughing::laughing:

After a bit of stud finding and measuring, not one of the 6 holes predrilled in the gun rack matches the spacing of the studs where KT plans to mount the item, so...KT decided to patch those holes and drill new ones before applying the camo paint. Second coat has now been applied and it will all be sanded smooth tomorrow. Unfortunately We are in for a week of cold and wet weather, very bad conditions for spray painting, so this project, once prepped, will sit and wait on the weather, just like the new rifle.

KT had a wonderous Thanksgiving being with the Royal Family and partaking in the massive feast, then to the Royal Man Cave and binge watching football! :lol::lol: Life is good as The King! :heartylaugh::heartylaugh::kingdances::kingdances:

Ok, so here are a couple of pics of the first sign. It is posted at the entrance to the Man Cave on the basement level of the Castle! :laughing::laughing:

That sign should definitely get your message across ! :shock: :lol:

Hopefully the sign itself will be all you ever have to use !

Back
Top Bottom