equinox 800 latest up-date and how to install

trouble hunter

hey guys and gals
I have the equinox 800 and i need to know where i can get the how to install and the latest up/date for the 800 please i purchased it from a dealer here on forum and dont remember his name need to up date mine i guess
thanks for your help and consideration im an older person and little hard to remember it seems.........thanks for helping

Are you sure that your Equinox hasn't been updated? Easiest way to check is to turn it on, go to Park 1, press the frequency button and scroll through the frequency options. If you do not have 4 kHz as an option, yours has not been updated.

Detector Prospector has those updates under Minelab Equinox 3.0 update.

Are you sure that your Equinox hasn't been updated? Easiest way to check is to turn it on, go to Park 1, press the frequency button and scroll through the frequency options. If you do not have 4 kHz as an option, yours has not been updated.

Why direct the OP to a 3rd party website instead of the manufacturer?

Why direct the OP to a 3rd party website instead of the manufacturer?

That third party website directs the op to the manufacturer just like your link. That third party website also has by far the best information on the web for the Minelab Equinox under Minelab Equinox Essential Information. So, relax........

hey guys and gals
I have the equinox 800 and i need to know where i can get the how to install and the latest up/date for the 800 please i purchased it from a dealer here on forum and dont remember his name need to up date mine i guess
thanks for your help and consideration im an older person and little hard to remember it seems.........thanks for helping

I remember reading somewhere -- it may be in the fine print in Minelab's instructions -- that for best results:

1 - Do a factory reset
2 - Do the upgrade
3 - Do a factory reset

That third party website directs the op to the manufacturer just like your link. That third party website also has by far the best information on the web for the Minelab Equinox under Minelab Equinox Essential Information. So, relax........

Why do I need to relax? There was no link in your reply, just mention of an additional website the OP would have to navigate to find the link to the info he's looking for. The link I supplied is to both the instructions and the software update, which is exactly what he asked for - simple and direct.

Last edited:
Why do I need to relax? There was no link in your reply, just mention of an additional website the OP would have to navigate to find the link to the info he's looking for. The link I supplied is to both the instructions and the software update, which is exactly what he asked for - simple and direct.

“Friendly” Forum...........?

when i purchased the detector new from dealer the first update was already installed on it since then the have came out with the 3.0 and i havent got the how to do it since the first one was already installed when i bought it i im sure i can do it if i can find the file to put and a how to do it .....hey thanks for y9our assistance i try your forum you suggested and go from there again thanks for your help trouble hunter ...... im here in tx and soil is so bad that the coins now are so cheaply made they have rusted down and not worth finding i did a small yaard found pne pld [ocket watch in a tin (no good) and 15 quarters and lots of more than one coin in hole and all rusted together not good ........

yes

Did you check if you have 4 khz when you go threw the signal frequency’s

I have owned the nox 800 for about 2 years so i havent updated the machine and i dont hunt iron stuff anyway so am i gaining anything by updating to the 3.0 anyway ???????? i mostly hunt jewlery and coins Thanks again

Why would you not do the updates.
All updates are stand alone updates that you have to go I order to youse. Updates do not affect normal factory patters. Dispute what some say.
You have to go to 4 khz to use it. It is not used in multi.
You have to go to F2 to use it.
The updates just give you more options like adding another channel to your tv.
You will not even k ow the updates are there unless you use them.
I’d do the updates.
Doug

Why would you not do the updates.
All updates are stand alone updates that you have to go I order to youse. Updates do not affect normal factory patters. Dispute what some say.
You have to go to 4 khz to use it. It is not used in multi.
You have to go to F2 to use it.
The updates just give you more options like adding another channel to your tv.
You will not even k ow the updates are there unless you use them.
I’d do the updates.
Doug

Well said! And Minelab advertised the latest update gave us some "added stability".

up dates

Well said! And Minelab advertised the latest update gave us some "added stability".

Thanks fellows i have been in this business for years since the 60"s
when i go to the download section i cant open the file and dont know if there is a file there guess ill try and download it and then see if the 4 freq is there thanks again for your help appreciated trouble hunter

up date for equinox 800

Thanks fellows i have been in this business for years since the 60"s
when i go to the download section i cant open the file and dont know if there is a file there guess ill try and download it and see if the 4 freq is there again thanks

Back
Top Bottom