Trying To Get As Much Clad Before The Snow Arrives To Buy That Annual Gold Coin.....

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
Here are the finds for the day and last years gold coin. This year will be my 24th gold coin purchase.

Attachments

• loony2.jpg
    loony2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 218
  • turk 1.jpg
    turk 1.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 194
Where the heck do go hunting at!? You're always coming back with a pile of clad! I got $.63 today, and I thought THAT was a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where the heck do go hunting at!? You're always coming back with a pile of clad! I got $.63 today, and I thought THAT was a lot!

I live in a big city. Lots of places to hunt. After hunting for 22 years, you kind of learn where the hot spots are. And, I use the coin popping method. After a "BEEP" for a potential good target, quickly pinpoint it with electric pin-pointer to locate it, then pop it out with a screwdriver as quick as possible, then continue. I don't dig 4" targets, unless the target reads consistently 85-86 or more for potential silver coin or ring. Digging deep targets wastes precious detecting time.

I tend to hunt areas where people gather every day.

I live in a big city. Lots of places to hunt. After hunting for 22 years, you kind of learn where the hot spots are. And, I use the coin popping method. After a "BEEP" for a potential good target, quickly pinpoint it with electric pin-pointer to locate it, then pop it out with a screwdriver as quick as possible, then continue. I don't dig 4" targets, unless the target reads consistently 85-86 or more for potential silver coin or ring. Digging deep targets wastes precious detecting time.

I tend to hunt areas where people gather every day.

Sounds like I need to reassess my technique. Any good sources for learning more about how to become proficient at coin popping?

Sounds like I need to reassess my technique. Any good sources for learning more about how to become proficient at coin popping?

Don't give him ideas! Soon he'll make a new post called "How To Become A Proficient Coin Popper, No Matter Which Equipment You Use" :laughing: :laughing:

Don't give him ideas! Soon he'll make a new post called "How To Become A Proficient Coin Popper, No Matter Which Equipment You Use" :laughing: :laughing:

You hear that, John? Sounds like you've got a new project waiting for ya! Can't wait! :D

"How To Become A Proficient Coin Popper, No Matter Which Equipment You Use" Click on link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLvboex7sM

Of COURSE you've already done a video on this! Anyway, before I even saw your reply with the video, I just followed your lead in my own backyard. Best hunt yet, and the time saved was was fantastic!

c4334733d5af1235f34090ab12668a3e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom