Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

History Lover

My son is super passionate about finding antiques, particularly bottles on riverbanks. He has a science project due in a few weeks. I thought maybe he would excel by doing it on something he is really into. Any ideas as to a topic for a science fair project that he can research and has to do with antiques?

He likes bottles. The machines used to make bottles nearly single handedly ended child labor. Crazy cool machines with plenty of science. Or the chemistry of the composition of glass. Or maybe something on the science of preserving antiquities. I dunno man just spitball ideas with him then let him go with what excites him.

How about how metal detectors work? Plenty of info on the web and he may even be able to make a prototype....Good luck...Been where you are...:laughing:

Not sure what grade but marble history sure sounds like could hold interest of a young audience.

oj/bc

How about building models inside bottles? Like ships or soemthing... or message in a bottle and it's origins or furthest travelled, etc etc oldest.
Even give a demonstration in class on how to,make a message in a bottle (plastic) and let others try. What to write and to,whom

you said antiques so I would say build an electrolysis device. Quite a few videos on youtube about it and some threads on here.

Had a cousins kid that won a science fair with a "What happened to the Milk Man" display. It meant a lot to the family. My Great-great Grandfather, James Polk owned Polks Finest Milk Co. in Indianapolis

I think I see a new contest. Who can guess what he does for a science project? Or whose idea doe he go with?

Electrolysis is fascinating science, and easy to make..

Works great on old iron finds...

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom