Question about the right detector

Caitiff

Hi there,

I´m Alex from Germany and want to start again with the detecting hobby. A few years ago I had a Minelab Explorer but stopped detecting for 4 years. Now my girlfriend fixed me on again and I´m thinking of buying a new or used detector but it´s everytime the question of which one is the right one...

Also there are some problems by buying detectors here in Germany. Sooo... I like to go hunting on small nonferrous items like coins and 2.WW stuff. I was thinking about getting a Garret AT pro or a Fisher F75 but don´t be sure if the price and effort is good on that detectors...

Any hints of the right detector and/or maybe a good idea how to buy (new or used)?

You are in the right place and live in the right place. Buy the new Minelab Equinox! If I lived there I would already have one! More expensive choices are Deus and Nokta Impact. All are top shelf detectors.

A machine that will do both large military items and small coins alike would be the Rutus 71. It can go low 4khz freq for large deep items running all metal and discrimination simultaneously, 18khz for small hammered silver and gold.
It's made in Poland, and popular across Europe with good dealer backup.

Hmm... the Equinox will be released in December? Looks nice and I liked the Explorer. Maybe better to buy a detector with new technology?

Why not an Explorer again, since you are already familiar with them? An SE Pro is the most recent/last Explorer made, and is still a VERY capable machine...

A machine that will do both large military items and small coins alike would be the Rutus 71. It can go low 4khz freq for large deep items running all metal and discrimination simultaneously, 18khz for small hammered silver and gold.
It's made in Poland, and popular across Europe with good dealer backup.

Probably, best answer.

@steveg
Because you can´t get it on the market anymore and I think/hope there are better detectors out there.
My gutfeeling trends to the Minelab, cause of I had a good feeling working with this company. Thinkings about it? Just a cheaper DEUS?

Caitiff,

Gotcha. There are good deals to be had on used ones, but you may not wish to go that route.

@steveg
My gutfeeling trends to the Minelab, cause of I had a good feeling working with this company. Thinkings about it? Just a cheaper DEUS?

If this is how you feel, than I'd probably wait until the Equinox is released, as I think it will be a real nice machine...

Steve

Well, I´m not in a hurry. So I maybe get me a X-mas present and try the Equinox. Looks nice and good to carry around...

Back
Top Bottom