Curbstrips have been good to me

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Hit one curb strip tonight,,half the length of the block..Etrac with 6x8 is just incredible on the strips.The half was about 8 inches down and gave a 12-47,3-47,,had me a little confused with all the bouncing around the numbers did,,but it sounded good and the depth meter was close to being pegged,so I dug.All in all it was a good night.

Attachments

• E19241E5-6231-4509-9DC8-71D7218FEBC3.jpg
    E19241E5-6231-4509-9DC8-71D7218FEBC3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 698
  • DE19ADEA-E80B-4555-98FA-0BE938DDF4DB.jpg
    DE19ADEA-E80B-4555-98FA-0BE938DDF4DB.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 671
  • 5D80906C-5A3C-4B08-B38D-E2A0E8E83CF6.jpg
    5D80906C-5A3C-4B08-B38D-E2A0E8E83CF6.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 677
I dug a walker a few months with my E Trac that read odd also. It was crusted bad. I got most but not all off of it. It was only about 4" deep

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Congrats on the great hunt

Nice walker half. And even more fun to have to catch that baby at 8" deep :)

Beautiful Finds there Woody! You know about that bouncing signal? Like Pan4au also mentioned on a Walker half? Happened to me too on one I found, not what a guy could 'call' a nice half at all, but enough to dig...its bothered me...Maybe they are jogging down in there?:laughing:

Boy you ain't lying, Those curb strips have been good to you. That Walker is in tremendous shape. Think I'll order me a 8x6 for the Etrac. I hate to spend more money being I have an Equinox pre-ordered, if there as good as they say they are the Etrac will become a dust collector. Could be March or better before we see one though, and if we have another mild winter I will have alot of swing time. Oh well, things to ponder Huh? Good luck Mark

Hit one curb strip tonight,,half the length of the block..Etrac with 6x8 is just incredible on the strips.The half was about 8 inches down and gave a 12-47,3-47,,had me a little confused with all the bouncing around the numbers did,,but it sounded good and the depth meter was close to being pegged,so I dug.All in all it was a good night.

Murphy's law has been with me at all curb strips!:lol:

Beautiful Half! Congrats...
Thanks

Very nice, still looking for one. Congrats on your finds!

You’ll find one,then they just don’t stop

Yup !!! thats just awful nice !!!

Thanks!

Boy you ain't lying, Those curb strips have been good to you. That Walker is in tremendous shape. Think I'll order me a 8x6 for the Etrac. I hate to spend more money being I have an Equinox pre-ordered, if there as good as they say they are the Etrac will become a dust collector. Could be March or better before we see one though, and if we have another mild winter I will have alot of swing time. Oh well, things to ponder Huh? Good luck Mark

I usto not like the Etrac very much,but it has to be there to find it..that 6x8 might never come off,it’s deep and light

Beautiful Finds there Woody! You know about that bouncing signal? Like Pan4au also mentioned on a Walker half? Happened to me too on one I found, not what a guy could 'call' a nice half at all, but enough to dig...its bothered me...Maybe they are jogging down in there?:laughing:

Thanks Mud,yea I would have dug it regardless just from the sound,but the numbers were so loose it looked like junk on the v3i

Nice walker half. And even more fun to have to catch that baby at 8" deep :)

Thanks,first deep coin I’ve dug in awhile.Even the last few half’s have been 5 maybe 6 inches at best.

Awesome finds! Few old curb strips here.:no:
Thanks,curbstrips hold a lot of good finds

Curbstrips are king!

Yes they are

Congrats on the great hunt

Thanks

I dug a walker a few months with my E Trac that read odd also. It was crusted bad. I got most but not all off of it. It was only about 4" deep

Most of my half’s hav been good shape,except one I dug a few weeks back,looks like it was in a fire

Congrats on the Walker!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murphy's law has been with me at all curb strips!:lol:

It’ll come.lol

Great job on a very nice half. I love hunting curb strips...and an FBS machine with 6x8 SEF is an excellent tool for the job...

Steve

Back
Top Bottom