Burn unit silver bucketlister, CW, Injuns, Token

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Met up with East TN detecting crew and JD for a few hours of digging at Tim’s permission today. 1860s home with Union camp out back. We didn’t get to hunt the camp because grass is too deep. Has been hunted many times. It was a good time and there were some nice coins and relics in the yard. I even got a bucketlister.

In the photos below there is a gray disc. It is my bucketlister - A Seated Dime. In the first photo you can see Lady Liberties Head at 1 o’clock position between 2 stars to right and two to the left. Enough info to know it is a Seated between 1838-1853. My new oldest US silver and first Seated in 41 years of detecting. I knew it was old burnt silver as soon as I popped it. Took a few minutes to ID as Seated...woohoo! Finally. She ain’t pretty, but I’ll take her!

Also picked up a couple injuns - 1893 & 1906, a cool piece of Knoxville history - an Island Home Dairy Good For One Pint of Milk Token, a wheat, a huge CW Minie Ball, a pistol round ball and a heart stopper gold plated bell.

Thanks To Tim for hosting us at his permission.

Seated is silver 59 FTY.

52df1ab59955023f26bfa9431dd32d50.jpg

c3d4912d6ac1f97bfe16b2a24a741ab8.jpg

84e351a3d973e921c398258711bfa63e.jpg

b5fefd4a5356d6b1b3166d47c9a63928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great finds!! I’m surprised the yard hadn’t been picked clean before

It's not hunted out until the Deus says it's hunted out...[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first seated. Sucks that its toasted. I recently got my first milled bust Spanish silver. It was so worn you could barely id it but still glad to have it

I envy you MD'ers back east.

Super awesome nice finds!!!!!

Lol, I say the same about the guys in the NE! Thanks.

Congrats on your first seated. Sucks that its toasted. I recently got my first milled bust Spanish silver. It was so worn you could barely id it but still glad to have it

Thanks Toasted. You have no idea how happy I was to ID that Seated.

Congrats on your finds.

And getting one monkey off your back.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks TNSS.

Wow that’s awesome you crossed that seated coin off your bucket list after 41 years. Congrats on all the finds!

Thanks Jam. Very happy to scratch that one off my list. Now top two on my bucketlist are Any large cent and a two center.

Oh no, there you go stuffin that deus down everybodys throat:lol::laughing:

Congrats Jerry!

Thanks remmy. The Deus is the greatest detector of all time so I feel compelled to keep shoving.

Back
Top Bottom