Introducing a new member

Wevil1

I picked up a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV at Hobby Lobby with the 40% off coupon a couple weeks ago. My 13 year old son and my self have been hitting some local spots and having a great time with it. So, I picked up a used second detector today for $50 from a local craiglist ad, a Teknetics Alpha 2000. Just got it today and have not had a chance to try it. I also ordered online a GP pointer pinpointer and a Hori-Hori digging tool. I think I have about $150 total invested and have 2 set ups now so we can both play at the same time.

Thanks for listening, and if anyone can give advice on the Alpha 2000, I'm willing to listen.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

The BH Tracker IV is a really good budget level detector, a great deal for the low price, I found a good video someone made to help those who are new to the Tracker IV -

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Review Demonstration and How To Operate

I am not personally familiar with the Alpha 2000, but I found a youtube video that should be of help -

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. That's awesome. It's a very addicting hobby. Especially so when you learn what the detectors are telling you. Best of luck!

Thank you for the warm welcomes! We have gotten pretty good with the Tracker IV, I can pretty much call every time if it's trash or a nickle, I did get fooled by a piece of costume jewelry though. I can't wait to try this new fancy machine and see how well this digital display stuff works.

:welcome2: from the Great Black Swamp in NW Ohio!

I can't offer any input on the Alpha 2000, but I think you made a great choice with the hori hori knife. I use one exclusively now in all grass/turf areas - it makes a nice, clean plug, seems virtually indestructible, and it's pretty inconspicuous and lightweight for use in parks and/or less imposing when a homeowner sees you using it on their lawn :cool:

:fmdfwelcome:

Hope you and your son have fun with your new hobby! Thanks for joining us, and happy hunting. :grin:

Sounds like you're off to a good start. I love Teknetics detectors and have been using them since they first came out back in the '80's. I currently own five. The Alpha is a good basic machine and easy to use. I also use a Hori-Hori knife and have been using that design for over thirty years without ever having one feel like it might break. Keep us informed of your finds. It's great hobby and good exercise. I have been doing it for around forty years now.

I thank everyone for the warm welcomes. My pinpointer and hori-hori showed up today, super excited and would love to go try them, but it's raining. The forecast for the weekend looks good though.

Back
Top Bottom