Third time at the bottle dump is the charm

tman00220

I stumbled upon this bottle dump a couple of months ago. This is the third time Ive been there and I am still finding tons of bottles.

Cool video! The red/white/blue ACL Pepsi bottles (1945-50) would have been the best of the lot. They are always in demand by Pepsi collectors. Keep digging - you'll eventually find one. That dry sand preserved the paint on those. I've dug many ACLs that self-destruct as soon as they come outta wet/poorly drained/polluted dirt. Also, the Barbasol shave cream jars are always fun to find and come in several sizes. Most screwtop food bottles and jars from that era are gonna be recycle material at best.

Cool video! The red/white/blue ACL Pepsi bottles (1945-50) would have been the best of the lot. They are always in demand by Pepsi collectors. Keep digging - you'll eventually find one. That dry sand preserved the paint on those. I've dug many ACLs that self-destruct as soon as they come outta wet/poorly drained/polluted dirt. Also, the Barbasol shave cream jars are always fun to find and come in several sizes. Most screwtop food bottles and jars from that era are gonna be recycle material at best.

Thanks Glasshopper. I will be back. Its been a fun new way to hunt.

Back
Top Bottom