AT Pro vs AT Max

Ain't that the truth, the first 5-10 minutes or most of my hunts are just trying to find a foot square patch of dirt quiet enough to ground balance.

I really hate that! There have been times where I've had to lower the sensitivity way down and gb that way, but you're still gbing ontop of targets so whatcha going to do? :gaah:

I have land GB, 80, and water 90...

If you find clean enough ground that's about where it'll end up anyway, around here.

I adjust my GB, but I never actually GB lol...

<°)))>{

video and notes

I made an unboxing video. https://youtu.be/MUE3qB_CnM8

Also here's some of my notes:

Length:: 11:18 Mins

I've had a Garrett AT Pro for 8 months and a Ace 250 previously for 3 years. I enjoyed the Garrett AT Pro so much that I was super excited
to see this unit come out. Of course I wish I would have waited until this one came out but I got some great treasure with the AT Pro and learned a whole lot using it. Over $430 in change, $15 in copper, 5 silver rings. So I can't wait to see what amazing treasure I'll get off the Garret AT Max.

Pros over the Garret AT Pro
=Z-Link wireless headphones. That before was alone a $125+ upgrade with the headphones. For 5 years I've been tripping on my annoying headphone cord. The headphones are rechargeable too.
=back-light. I've been using a headlamp that I shine on my unit. This version is way better. It does eat up more battery though. I do almost all my digging at night and this thing is doing great at night.
=Volume control built in. Before you have to use your headphones which is hit and miss. This feature delayed the release of the unit for months but most agree it was worth waiting for.
=Better ground balance. This makes this unit better than the Garrett AT Pro in mineralized locations and the BEACH. I don't know about you but my AT Pro sucked at the beach. I never found anything except in the dry sand. That's a huge reason to upgrade. Supposedly it's better at the beach but we'll see.
=Better depth. The AT MAX does much better in comparisons of finding depth targets. It's find all sorts of targets my AT Pro missed in heavy trash area parks.
=Free Hat, awesome!
=LARGER VDI numbers. Much better. It's hard to see the numbers on the AT PRO sometimes.
=Better rubberized hand grip instead of the foam or whatever it is other one from AT Pro/Gold.

It is a challenge getting used to the audio vs. the AT PRo. I like the AT Pro audio for quarters/silver better.

try using iron disc of 35. will cut off some of that crackle. then turn iron audio on and off when checking targets for big iron/bottle caps/etc.

Disc that high you will miss some small buttons and pewter buttons, I run mine at max 26 disc, just fyi

Disc that high you will miss some small buttons and pewter buttons, I run mine at max 26 disc, just fyi

Just bought ATmax. Do you recommend a disc of zero? This the way I have been huting here. Not all metal mode but Zero mode. In other words, I run Impact full throttle in DI4 MODE. This is a discriminating mode and NOT an all metal mode.

I've always listened to everything by running zero discrimination... I think the audio, opened up like that, leaves the listener with much more of a picture.. I don't like the audio clipping that occurs on that EDGE...

The edge, to me, is that spot where things you don't want to dig occurs... But, as a gold jewelry hunter, always seeking iron, iron in lakes signifies you're on the bottom, and not sanded in.. Sometimes/often the iron is thick, so much so a lot of it teeters on that discrimated edge and causes what sounds like havoc to my ears.. I'd rather learn to hear through it all...

<°)))>{

I really hate that! There have been times where I've had to lower the sensitivity way down and gb that way, but you're still gbing ontop of targets so whatcha going to do? :gaah:

Remove the targets ! Sift the dirt into a plastic bag or Rubbermaid tub and ground balance it properly. Get yourself a sifter from a trapping supplies outfit if you don't have a sifter.

Back
Top Bottom