XP Deus or Wait for Minelab Equinox?

I’d wait. Deus ain’t all that nor a bag o chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reverse psychology tactic ? :goodidea: The Xp Deus will do great things for those who choose to use them.For others who choose not to use them, Deus does not do no where near as much for them.:compcoffee:

reverse psychology tactic ? :goodidea: The Xp Deus will do great things for those who choose to use them.For others who choose not to use them, Deus does not do no where near as much for them.:compcoffee:

I don't want to see any more Deus users. Cutting into my finds, [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not selling my Deus units just because I get an Equinox.

Now, the smallest coil offering is 6" for Equinox it seems.
So can Equinox keep up with Deus and elliptical HF coil?
Will Equinox handle mineral as well as iron as well?

We'll see.
But Equinox if it can match or beat, is working with an additional 3/4" width.
Can the 6" coil on Equinox match the HF coil for depth??

Imagine me open field hunting with a 5.25" x9" coil on Deus.
Laughable right?
Lots of performance in one coil here with Deus (depth and separation).

So folks can X me off the selling Deus list due to Equinox detector.

I'm thinking you just recieved MAP pricing, which is the dealers unlisted lowest price. Was it 15% off the price you saw on the internet?

That could be... it was 15% off of the web shown price. I realize that since some companies (like Minelab) don't allow dealers to sell (or advertise) below a certain price point, most all dealers throw in "gifts" to sweeten the deal. Personally I'd rather spend less to begin with, so if they can do it as a Military Discount great! If I can save $135 and get a free Minelab detector bag and free shipping and no tax, I hate to take business away from local business and order via the net, but when you're talking about more than a $200 difference... to me that's a no brainer. I'll buy what I want with the $200 savings and not settle for the "stuff" that gets picked by someone else and thrown in.

Be careful with Kellyco. I JUST had to cancel an order with them this morning. Tell me if you've heard this before about them :roll: Order an item that shows "In Stock" on the website. 4 days later and no tracking number, nothing.

You call them and they say the item is actually on backorder with no set date of arrival.

Why in the world did I think Kellyco might be different this time?[/QUOTE

That is the type of thing Kellyco is known for and is exactly why I do not do business with them anymore.

Every time a new release like this happens, people dump their existing machines for the newest fad. Just look at the sentiment among many deus owners on this board. Many are planning to sell their Deus to buy the Equinox. Supply and demand tells us that if lots of used Deus machines hit the market, the price should drop. We're also approaching the off season for many detectorists. What happens during the off season? People in need of holiday cash dump their machines at the worst possible time and there are deals to be had. I always buy machines during the off season at good prices. (It helps when you hunt year round) I sold my Deus recently in anticipation of a price drop hitting the market. I will buy another when it happens and will focus on water hunting with the Excal in the meantime.

My point.....if you are patient, you'll snag a good deal on a Deus. Inevitably, the new machine won't live up to the hype and they will be dumped on the market. I expect the same to happen with the new At pro.

Remember when the Racer came out? Everyone thought it would rival the deus. Yeah...not so much.

You won't get mine. When i sell it ..that means I've quit the hobby.

It is in fact all that ..the bag of chips and some

Really good dip if you know how to use it.

[emoji23], I should have used a sarcasm tag. They’ll have to pry my Deus Lite from my cold dead hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have gone with the Deus if the price wasn't twice the cost of the new Equinox. Now to wait and see if they are twice as good and the cost difference is justified. I'm sure once they are released and folks get to test the Equinox we will see lots of youtube comparisons and reviews. So we'll see! :mder:

I would have gone with the Deus if the price wasn't twice the cost of the new Equinox. Now to wait and see if they are twice as good and the cost difference is justified. I'm sure once they are released and folks get to test the Equinox we will see lots of youtube comparisons and reviews. So we'll see! :mder:

Well,
Just because a detector say cost twice as much, doesn't really mathematically equate to the more expensive detector being twice as good.

If that were the case, we would have vlf detectors IDing and finding coins at 16" depth wise.
And this right now ain't happening.

The jury is still out on Equinox.
Jusy is in on Deus though.

So hopefully in a few more months the jury may be in on Equinox.
I have a few Deus units and coils, it won't take me long to see what the real deal is.
Have a CTX too, and will compare to it too.

All land hunting though, no salt water or salt beach.

Will be interesting how this detector is out into perspective by the various purchases who have run or still have other units.

After using the Deus for a couple of months now and coming from Minelab detectors Excalibur, CTX etc. I'm thinking the Equinox won't necessarily obsolete the XP Deus but I personally will enjoy having them both.
I also don't think the Deus will drop in price retail wise.
HH!

Be careful with Kellyco. I JUST had to cancel an order with them this morning. Tell me if you've heard this before about them :roll: Order an item that shows "In Stock" on the website. 4 days later and no tracking number, nothing.

You call them and they say the item is actually on backorder with no set date of arrival.

Why in the world did I think Kellyco might be different this time?[/QUOTE

That is the type of thing Kellyco is known for and is exactly why I do not do business with them anymore.

I had this happen as well. And to top it off I got a fraudulent charge on my Credit card Immediately after giving it to them. I don't use the card ever so it was rather odd it happened one day after using it there.

After all my pondering over which new detector to get I did place an Equinox 800 on pre-order in early Oct, but I also bit the bullet and went ahead and bought a new CTX 3030. At least that one I have already. Now, if I can just figure it out... it's a beast, and an entirely different animal than what I'm used to. Any Sabisch's book was a big help, but I can see this is one machine that is simply going to take some practice.

After all my pondering over which new detector to get I did place an Equinox 800 on pre-order in early Oct, but I also bit the bullet and went ahead and bought a new CTX 3030. At least that one I have already. Now, if I can just figure it out... it's a beast, and an entirely different animal than what I'm used to. Any Sabisch's book was a big help, but I can see this is one machine that is simply going to take some practice.

:saywhat: In one post, you tell how expensive the XP Deus is and then the next you spring for a CTX ? Congrats on the new machine, it isn't as difficult as it first seems. The CTX has been around forever,there is a lot of info floating around the internet on it...:congras:

:saywhat: In one post, you tell how expensive the XP Deus is and then the next you spring for a CTX ? Congrats on the new machine, it isn't as difficult as it first seems. The CTX has been around forever,there is a lot of info floating around the internet on it...:congras:

Thanks.. I know I know. (my wife just shook her head and smiled). After lots of reviewing and research, I decided if I don't get the CTX (which I've always thought to be about the best detector out there for anything other than strickly nugget shooting), then I'll always be wondering and second guessing if I should have spent more and got the CTX. I don't want to offend the Deus folks, but I think the CTX is in an entirely different class when it comes to target ID precision. Whether or not the Equinox will be an equal (or better or worse) than a Deus remains to be seen, but I don't think either is on par with or close to the capabilities of the CTX. :gettinmoney:Heck, I gotta say that now that I've forked out the $ and have one!

. I don't want to offend the Deus folks, but I think the CTX is in an entirely different class when it comes to target ID precision. Whether or not the Equinox will be an equal (or better or worse) than a Deus remains to be seen, but I don't think either is on par with or close to the capabilities of the CTX. :gettinmoney:Heck, I gotta say that now that I've forked out the $ and have one!

You will offend the deus folks no doubt:D

But you are completely correct. If ID accuracy is something important to you(it is to me for sure) the ctx is the machine, when you use the ID in conjunction with the tones it is a awesome machine, I don't like digging everything and in my soil single freq machines are HORRIBLE with ID past about 4 inches. There is not a close runner up as of yet to the fbs machines for ID. At the right sight you can be extremely efficient with the FBS machines, The good finds to dig ratio goes way up.

The deus has its things that the CTX doesn't have indeed. I have a lot of time on both and the way I describe it is they are machines that are location specific machines.

Time will tell if the equinox bridges this gap. I am eager to find out for my self.

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom