Valve of some sort

pballwiz

Found this in the yard of an older home. Any ideas as to the application of this valve? I'm thinking that it's brass. Very heavy.
d669bdb2183050e687070e2156b2aaec.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Vintage valve for gas lighting, the way we lit our homes before the turn of the century...the last century.
Many forms of lighting did not have threads on the other side where the gas comes out.

Here is one I found, common is that graduated nozzle end to attach to the fixture like we used to have back in chemistry class where a Bunsen burner rubber tube should be attached.
Others, like the fixture in the table torch lamp below, had straight pipes connected into that end instead.
This is what yours is, although made for a much smaller lamp.

Heavy, throw it in a tumbler and it will clean up nicely.

Attachments

• photostudio_1508323355189.jpg
    photostudio_1508323355189.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 237
  • photostudio_1508324442602.jpg
    photostudio_1508324442602.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 238
Vintage valve for gas lighting, the way we lit our homes before the turn of the century...the last century.
Many forms of lighting did not have threads on the other side where the gas comes out.

Here is one I found, common is that graduated nozzle end to attach to the fixture like we used to have back in chemistry class where a Bunsen burner rubber tube should be attached.
Others, like the fixture in the table torch lamp below, had straight pipes connected into that end instead.
This is what yours is, although made for a much smaller lamp.

Heavy, throw it in a tumbler and it will clean up nicely.
Awesome!
Thanks !!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I think that is more likely to be one of two petcocks used to determine oil level on a Model T Ford crankcase. Ford part number 3079

Back
Top Bottom