got a GP pointer the generic one, for back up its not tuning vary well

bobcartree

Forum Supporter
can't get it to work very well, the ones i seen on videos have at lease 11/2 in out of the box , and when they tune it on the video there getting 3inchs or more ,mines been acting funny, there going to send me a new one , my HF pointer gets more deep then the GP pointer, there cheep ,,less then $20, some time the shut off button dose not work, has any one here had any luck with one of those , i have looked at the review

Last edited:
A lot of review you find on line are not real. They are done by the manufacturer using a variety of names etc. Some folks claim decent luck with those cheapies but I suspect that the vast majority of them have never used a good pin pointer.

I had the GP generic and it worked, although nowhere near as well as the Garrett Carrot.

It was better than my Fisher/Bounty Hunter cheapie, though.

In other words, it was better than nothing...but not by much.

1"-11/2" on mine. As per previous poster- a little better than nothing.

Yup, I'll 3rd that. It was acceptable, better than nothing. Easy 1 1/2 inches. After about 10 months and several hundred hours I upgraded to a Fisher F-Pulse and am very happy with it. Much, much better than the Kuman brand GP pointer I was using. But the cheap one served its purpose.

I actually bought a $10 GP pointer off Ebay as a backup and that one had a range of 1/2 inch at most. Different manufacturer? Poor quality control?? Who knows.

will the place i bought my GP pointer from sent me a replacement and a big differentance , it works like on the videos , the first one was bad the push button was broke , i was surprise that the place i bought it from replaced it ,i only paid $17 for it ,i it works better then i thought it would, its not as good as the G pro pointer but it will do for a back up,

will the place i bought my GP pointer from sent me a replacement and a big differentance , it works like on the videos , the first one was bad the push button was broke , i was surprise that the place i bought it from replaced it ,i only paid $17 for it ,i it works better then i thought it would, its not as good as the G pro pointer but it will do for a back up,

Glad to hear it. I suppose that indicates the difference between those that get 1/2 inch and those who get 1 1/2 inches is probably a manufacture quality control issue.

Used mine today to find a tiny bolt I lost while working on lawn mower. To my surprise, I found two pennies, a dime, and.play token in same area!:laughing::cool:

Back
Top Bottom