Coronavirrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are changing fast around here. What really ticks me off is the employees of stores ( cashiers , stockers) aren't wearing any PPE. While they limit
customers access into stores , scan our goods , etc.
Now San Diego is requiring employees to wear it. Riverside County : anyone going outside must wear face protection. Hopefully LA & OC will be next.

I live in Riverside County. Last Tuesday I had to go food shopping. The employees were all wearing masks and nitrile gloves, there where floor stickers by the cash register lines, marking 6 ft distances and plastic shields separating the cashier from the customer. Also, they would bag the groceries for you with new plastic bags, but if your brought your own bags, you had to bag the groceries yourself.

I've been thinking, if I get the virus I definitely don't wanna go out in some ER room with no one around while im choking for air..
Had to change my post, bad taste to joke at a time like this

Last edited:
I live in Riverside County. Last Tuesday I had to go food shopping. The employees were all wearing masks and nitrile gloves, there where floor stickers by the cash register lines, marking 6 ft distances and plastic shields separating the cashier from the customer. Also, they would bag the groceries for you with new plastic bags, but if your brought your own bags, you had to bag the groceries yourself.

Stores are requesting that customers do not pay by cash where possible but by credit card or bank debit card.

Also a series of 'arrows' on the shop floor to have a one way flow of traffic, also a series of 2 meter lines when approaching the checkout.

I think it is your computer. Anyway, here are the URLs for the two videos so you can try watching them on Youtube directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBvFkQizTT4

Thank you Rudy , I appreciate that .I figured it was my computer . My old faithful computer died on me . Right now I a using an old windows 7 equipped
PC my Son had in storage .

Speaking of Anthony Fauci , I had the pleasure of meeting him many years ago while working on a job at Genentech .A really nice , down to earth guy . A man whose advice is worth heeding .

In our area , very few cashiers wear gloves or a mask. Some do , just not enough. I used to live out in Temecula for a few years.

It's a shame they told us NOT to wear a mask a few weeks ago. I feel like the CDC is dropping the ball on this deal...

We do not wear maskes overhere when outside. For about 6 weeks now.
We may go out for a recreational purpose or for buying food, as long as we keep 5 feet distance.
Bars and restaurants are closed, as schools are, but (no contact) shops like clothing and such we still can go to.
Who can work at home does, but many still go to work (like garages and such).
Kids under 12 may play outside, together. Kids above 12 may play outside, as long as they keep 5 feet distance.
We may visit others at home, as long as not with more then 3 persons.

Here (without masks) infections, hospitalizations and deaths are decending for almost a day or 5-6 now. Down to a quarter death and sick.
I don't know what would be best. I can't tell.

They need to pass a law telling people to put their phones away in stores. I had a woman blathering into her phone the whole time I was shopping yesterday. I cringed every time I had to pass her in one of the aisles. Hang up the phones and do your shopping. You could be spewing the virus into the air while you're talking and laughing it up on your phone.

If a business won’t accept cash, they don’t want your business. Plenty are still taking cash. Until they don’t.

Missouri finally went to a state-wide "stay at home order" today. Most cities over 50k had been locked down under local orders. Hair cuts and sit down restaurants and Branson shows seem to be the only closures. Stores can only have 25% of their max capacity. I have worked black friday retail, 25% of a black friday crowd is still a bunch of people. Some retail is shut down,but any non-retail business can be open if they want to they are just asked to maintain social distancing. It's not much of a lock down, you can do anything you want as long as there is less than 10 people doing it. Our city park golf courses are still open. I can't believe the golf course is still open. I have been wanting to hunt the picnic table area around the driving range and concession stand. The place is dirty with quarters, I found a handfull in the 20 minutes of hunting before I was scrammed.

The supermarkets where we live in the UK, now have perspex screens in front
of the cashiers, with a small opening at the bottom for you to use your card.
Hardly anyone is using cash now. Some places won't take cash at all.

The supermarkets where we live in the UK, now have perspex screens in front
of the cashiers, with a small opening at the bottom for you to use your card.
Hardly anyone is using cash now. Some places won't take cash at all.

You queen made an excellent speech yesterday, you should be proud of her.

Being reported 10 minutes ago here in the UK.

We all wish him well.

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care in hospital after his coronavirus symptoms "worsened", Downing Street has said.

A spokesman said he was moved on the advice of his medical team and is receiving "excellent care"."

I think wearing a mask is a good idea in most cases.

I don't the Queen wore one.

Neither do many of the reporters at Trump's daily briefings who question him about wearing masks!

I believe that everyone that goes into the White House is tested on one of those new Abbot Labs machines that gives back a positive result in 5 minutes, or a negative result in 15 minutes.

I believe that everyone that goes into the White House is tested on one of those new Abbot Labs machines that gives back a positive result in 5 minutes, or a negative result in 15 minutes.

Ok Follow me here.

It is safe to assume President Trump is tested regularly.

If you are correct, those who test negative are allowed entry, and all don't all wear masks.

Riddle me this Batman-

If President Trump tests negative and chooses not to wear a mask, then why should the reporter who tested negative and chooses not to wear a mask question President Trump for not wearing one?

Being reported 10 minutes ago here in the UK.

We all wish him well.

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care in hospital after his coronavirus symptoms "worsened", Downing Street has said.

A spokesman said he was moved on the advice of his medical team and is receiving "excellent care"."

He seems like a tough guy.

Lots of potential to do great things for the UK.

Wishing him well.

Keep a stiff upper lip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom