Time to upgrade?

Stoke85

I bought a Garrett Ace 250 years ago. I used it fairly frequently the first year after getting it. Life happened and it got stored away in the closet. Now, some years later, I've had it back out and been spending some quality time with it. I've been reading all the posts here about different models and its making me think about upgrading. I've been looking at different brands and models but so far nothing is taking preference over any of the others.

All in all, I've probably gotten about a years worth of experience total with the 250. What would you guys suggest as an upgrade? Or should I just stick with the 250?

Thanks!

What's your budget?? Almost any new machine would be an upgrade to the ace250. Now that was a fun unit with 3 tones and all but if your looking to upgrade there will be a big difference in performance with the newer units compared to the ace......if your budget is 700 or so and you land hunt I would go for the XP ORX. If that is too much......well others could chime in. The Simplex seems to have a large following now. Heck even that new Garrett Apex looks interesting. Good luck

Yeah, upgrade if you're feeling the itch. Usually, that's when it's time. I'm a Fisher guy and love my F5, but whatever you choose, learn the heck out of it and go get some gold! :D

Yeah, budget is going to determine a lot. If it's under $500, there's the Simplex and Vanquish. Above that, there's the Garrett Apex & AT Series, Equinox, XP Orx, Fisher F75...there's a lot to choose from. Whatever you decide, happy hunting!

I went from Ace to At pro! What a difference!
Then I got an Equinox 800, What a nice upgrade!!
A bit different from the At pro but worth it!
You might try the new Apex, Idk?

It all depends what environment you hunt. Parks & fields or saltwater beaches. Or a combo of both.
I only hunt the sand and wet beaches so my decision is easy, a multi frequency detector like an Equinox 600/800. Good luck!

Crazy about the vanquish 340 for $200 or used Makro Multi Kruzers for 400. In fact, I have a spare MMK that I don't need now.

XP ORX or Equinox 600 for a bit more are great too.

When you decide call our sponsors and get their best deal. Upper right corner of the page whre it says "List all sponsors"

Back
Top Bottom