Simplex+ help?

GeorgiaCody

Hello, so I’ve recently purchased a new simplex+. It is running the 2.77 update. I took it out on a test run yesterday and noticed I was spending A LOT of time checking signals that just disappeared. The area was pretty trashy (old house spot with a good bit of iron) my guess is it was picking up iron on the first pass over then sorting it out as iron and notching it out when I would check it. My settings were, sensitivity max then one tick down, notched out 0-20 TID, relic/field mode, volume 2 (wasn’t using headphones), iron volume 1. I know a lot of detectors (t2 for example) false a good bit in heavy iron/mineralized soil, I’m just curious if there is a setting I can adjust to cut down on all the falsing without sacrificing too much. I’m a bit spoiled to how well my old gold bug sorts and discriminates. Also if that is just part of how this detector runs due to how sensitive it is that’s fine I just wanted some input from someone that has hunted with one more and has more wisdom with it than I, just to make sure I’m not setting something up incorrectly and missing out on ground coverage during a hunt. (Also I auto-ground balanced several times just trying to cut down chatter.) Thanks for any help. Happy hunting, Cody.

If the area's pretty trashy, I'd run in Park2 to utilize that fast target separation.
Also, run the sensitivity down 1 or 2 bars to help out with the iron halos.
It's worked great for me so far.
Doesn't have all the settings of my Impact, but it's about the same in performance when set up in a similar fashion.

I concur on running on park 2. Noticed some signals as well that comes and goes. One trick I learned, if I get a signal but suspect deep iron, get the coil directly above the target and move it up and down. If it's iron it will give the iron grunt, and the vdi will give a 04 - 07. Saved me a lot of elbow grease. Try and check out some vids from Simplex Guru on youtube. Helped me a lot

Why did you notch out 0 to 20?
In field mode you won't be getting an iron signal. The detector thinks it has a signal on the first pass and misses the second. The field mode is a slower recovery speed.
In a taget rich environment like a trasy yard go with park2 nothing notched out and put the iron volume at 1 or 2. If its cranked up to 3 it'll drive you insane. Lower the sensitivity a couple of bars.
When you swing over a target and the VDI is all over the place swing the edge or tip of the coil over the signal if it grunts its iron. If it stays a good solid tone its something worth investigating.
Another trick is raise the coil up off of the ground if you still hear a signal it's something big like big deep iron or a beer can.

Back
Top Bottom