Got the Aukey EP B80 earbuds.

tinsmith

Elite Member
Hey, my first impression upon opening these phones was wow these look to nice to go sweating on and touching with grubby ground dirt condition hands! But boy they do work nice. I don't seem to be having trouble with lag and pinpointing. The Nox 600 is a little tricky getting used to pinpointing.
My only question for anyone who owns these nice buds is. Would anyone recommend using them until you run the battery down or do you top it off before going out?

i dunno bout earbuds but i own their bone-shaped bluetooth speaker and have aaaaaaaaaaaabsolutely no complaints about it. in fact, i love it so much, i've purchased it as gifts for two of my friends, who also love it. they seem to make really good stuff.

I've been using the Aukey B80s for about a week and I love them. I've sweated until my clothes were soaked and no problem with the earbuds. At first I didn't think they were loud enough, however when I changed the rubber piece to better fit my ear canal they sound was much improved.

I can't answer about the battery because my hunts are typically about 3 hours. I tend to top them off, but if I forgot to put them on the charger I'm betting I could get more than one hunt on a charge.

I have a pair of those now, been using them for several months. Even topped off they will let you down on a long hunt so carry the USB charger cable and a pocket sized power bank for the long hunt.
Mine will occasionally disconnect from the NOX800. I turn them off and back on again and they reconnect. Not sure what is going on.
Love them for comfort in hot weather, sooooooooo much better than wearing headphones.

I’ve been using the Aukey EP-B80 earbuds since mid-September. I originally intended to use the earbuds just during warmer weather to help keep cool rather than use the earmuff stock headphones. But it turns out I like the comfort and sound quality so much better than the stock headphones, they’ve become my primary headsets. The stock headphones have sat unused in my gear bag ever since. In fact, I like the EP-B80s so much, I bought a second pair by mid-October to serve as a backup pair.

The one downside I have for the EP-B80 earbuds is that the runtime can be relatively short - I generally only expect to get about 4.5 to 5 hours of hunt time from a full charge. For that reason, if you only have one set, I would highly recommend “topping them off” after each hunt to make sure you don’t run out of juice on the next hunt. I usually don’t get to hunt for much more than 2 to 4 hours at a time, so the runtime is generally plenty for me. But honestly, the runtime is one of the reasons I justified a second pair - when I do get the chance to go on an all day hunt, I can just break out the second pair when the first set dies. All that said, the EP-B80 earbuds recharge very quickly...you can plug them into a portable charger while you stop for lunch and likely extend your hunt for the rest of the day with one pair of earbuds.

I’ve been using the Aukey EP-B80 earbuds since mid-September. I originally intended to use the earbuds just during warmer weather to help keep cool rather than use the earmuff stock headphones. But it turns out I like the comfort and sound quality so much better than the stock headphones, they’ve become my primary headsets. The stock headphones have sat unused in my gear bag ever since. In fact, I like the EP-B80s so much, I bought a second pair by mid-October to serve as a backup pair.

The one downside I have for the EP-B80 earbuds is that the runtime can be relatively short - I generally only expect to get about 4.5 to 5 hours of hunt time from a full charge. For that reason, if you only have one set, I would highly recommend “topping them off” after each hunt to make sure you don’t run out of juice on the next hunt. I usually don’t get to hunt for much more than 2 to 4 hours at a time, so the runtime is generally plenty for me. But honestly, the runtime is one of the reasons I justified a second pair - when I do get the chance to go on an all day hunt, I can just break out the second pair when the first set dies. All that said, the EP-B80 earbuds recharge very quickly...you can plug them into a portable charger while you stop for lunch and likely extend your hunt for the rest of the day with one pair of earbuds.

Yeah good advice. It's been so hot right now I'm at a stand still. But itching to go. I think it was older NI Cad batteries that formed a memory if you didn't let them nearly run out before recharging. That's from film school back in the early 90's. These new batts are different. Mine have been sitting full charged for almost a week. My 2-3 hr hunts should have no problem with that. I keep the stock HP's in the gear back pack too.

I have a pair of those now, been using them for several months. Even topped off they will let you down on a long hunt so carry the USB charger cable and a pocket sized power bank for the long hunt.
Mine will occasionally disconnect from the NOX800. I turn them off and back on again and they reconnect. Not sure what is going on.
Love them for comfort in hot weather, sooooooooo much better than wearing headphones.

Having the same issue- just bought a set and they disconnect quite often from my Nox 800. They do pair up ok -but the disconnecting issue is annoying. I most likely will send them back.

Update 7-19-20 I returned the first pair and am trying a second.I tried them in my test garden for 15 minutes with no issues. Once I get to use them in a couple of hunts I will update further.

Last edited:
I’ve got 40-50 hours on mine now and I haven’t had that issue. Were they fully charged?Possibly a bad set. Have you tried pairing them with your phone to see if they stay connected?

Just ordered the gray color B80's for $25 on Amazon today! I already have the SoundPeats Q12+ but they dont make the LL version anymore and are starting to fall apart.

Just ordered the gray color B80's for $25 on Amazon today! I already have the SoundPeats Q12+ but they dont make the LL version anymore and are starting to fall apart.

Do you have a link to them that cheap? I'd like to get a pair for my hunting buddy, and maybe a spare set for myself

If you own and iPhone, if you pair these up to the iPhone, a a small headphone icon appears at the top of the screen and next to it a power bar indicating how much charge is left on the buds....

This apparently works for all Bluetooth headphones when paired to an iPhone...

Back
Top Bottom