11 Silver dimes...

jack&jill

Elite Member
That is 11 Silver Dimes in the last 10 Weeks. For as good as the first 6 weeks of the year was this last two plus months have been a real reality check for me. I had only 2 skunks in the first 30 hunts but have had over a dozen since the last week of April. Weather has blame for a little of this but not being able to get on fresher grounds is the biggest culprit. That along with other activities and home responsibilities also have to take some credit. One thing, I should add that each of these Dime's were dug in separate hunts so I have gotten out a bit. I still hold hope that when the cooler weather comes along with some rainfall I can do some door knocking and add to the count. The count stood at 54 back in April it now resides at 65 FTY. Anyway until the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 7-03-20 .jpg
    7-03-20 .jpg
    92 KB · Views: 635
Dang Trapper, hard earned but a nice 10 silvers! I hear you on home responsibilities and other activities, I haven’t gotten out nearly enough :(

Congrats on ten good ones!

Trapper, congrats on the five merc and six rosies! Hitting 65 fty is respectable accomplishment. Looking forward to your next posting as to add to the pile.

I completely understand why you are at 65 with all the things you have going on at home. But hey you are still past most of us. Congratulations! Oh ya a few few of those silvers dont look like they came from Wisconsin dirt!:laughing: Looking forward to the next outing. Thanks for everything.

Very nice Trapper, love those shiny dimes! I think I've only been out about 8 times in all of June, too much other stuff going on. Got skunked one time up in Missoula, but other hunts last month did get a few silvers. Glad you are getting out and making finds!

I sure hope you and Mike made at least a little hay last time up, but man it’s been HOT! I’m not planning on doing any more hunting till we get some rain and gets a bit less ridiculous as far as the temp goes, it’s not worth killing ourselves over. 65 is nice so far, and yeah...those skunks and “wunpers” are reality checks! Reality SUCKS! But it’s all we got....:lol:
It needs to cool off buddy.

I sure hope you and Mike made at least a little hay last time up, but man it’s been HOT! I’m not planning on doing any more hunting till we get some rain and gets a bit less ridiculous as far as the temp goes, it’s not worth killing ourselves over. 65 is nice so far, and yeah...those skunks and “wunpers” are reality checks! Reality SUCKS! But it’s all we got....:lol:
It needs to cool off buddy.

Not much hay making but alot of fun for sure. More of a learning experience. But the spot i found yesterday will definitely be adding up quick . Did 1 test pan and got 22 pieces of beautiful yellow! Just needs to cool down. 93 today tomorrow might hit 100. Hopefully you you can make the next trip.

Trapper, although the last few months may have been a "reality check" for you (as someone who's an expert silver hunter), they still look good to me! :thumbsup: Keep it up; it's good to hear an update from you!

Dang Trapper, hard earned but a nice 10 silvers! I hear you on home responsibilities and other activities, I haven’t gotten out nearly enough :(

Congrats on ten good ones!
Thanks Jeff for the reply. It was 11 Silvers, with the slow production I don't want ta sacrifice a single one. Trapper
Trapper, congrats on the five merc and six rosies! Hitting 65 fty is respectable accomplishment. Looking forward to your next posting as to add to the pile.
Thank you Jak. Guess I'm a bit spoiled over the last 2 years. It has been a long time since this type of dry spell. Trapper
Nice silver collection! 65 at the halfway point is very impressive!
Kind words Lee, thank you. Just need a few nice rains and some cooler temps. so permissions can come back into play. Trapper
I’m at 2 FTY lol! Good hunting
Starting to feel your pain Vic. Hope the fall months will put better conditions for seeking permissions. Trapper

That is 11 Silver Dimes in the last 10 Weeks. For as good as the first 6 weeks of the year was this last two plus months have been a real reality check for me...

Good to see an update, even if it is "only" 11 silver dimes since the last. You had a silver dime spree at the end of last year.

Trap,
Its been so long since i’ve seen a post from you I was wondering if you had quit detecting. I’m relieved to see you are still pounding the ground! Sometimes our fertile grounds turn a little fallow, although eleven silvers is nothing to scoff at. Congrats!

More than I've gotten in ten weeks... Back when I used to detect the last time I got to where i wanted to hunt was march 15th.

Good to see you are finding some silver. I know it’s tough and time and other things are getting in the way too but you’re getting some silver. Congrats and hope maybe you get that cooler weather to do some door knocking.9

Back
Top Bottom