• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Mini Coke Bottles

Foragist

Forum Supporter
The last time I was bottle digging, I found a few goodies, but my finds of the day were 2 mini Coke bottles. I gave my brother one for his mini collection. This one is photographed next to a standard Coke bottle(from an earlier dig) for size/color comparison. No good value, but fun to dig these from an old hillside dump!

Attachments

• DSCN1013.jpg
    DSCN1013.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,295
  • DSCN1009.jpg
    DSCN1009.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,056
did not know they even existed, cool find! any idea of an age to them off hand?

did not know they even existed, cool find! any idea of an age to them off hand?

Not really sure. I didn't know they made these either. I see a bunch on Ebay. They came in cases and 6-packs, and were made in various sizes for several decades. I'm estimating these were dug in a 1930's to 40's layer of dump dirt. Maybe '50s, but probably not any later than that.

Here's a Coke and a Fanta mini (late 60s vintage) I have had since the 70s. They came with pop in them. Not sure but they must have been promotional giveaways. Yours are definately older as they are embossed.

Attachments

• minis.jpg
    minis.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:
Those are cool! Fanta must have really thought they were going places back then. :lol:
Looks like you have the 3 inch variety. Mine are ~2 1/2 inches tall. I thought they might have came with real pop in them, but it's so little...why bother?

Mine are ~2 1/2 inches tall. I thought they might have came with real pop in them, but it's so little...why bother?
Because after WWII, the US supersized! My grandfather always said “everything in moderation.” Now we’ve got 40 oz. Big Gulps :lol:

Cool little bottle for the collection.

Congrats on the mini Coke bottles! They are an interesting addition to anyone's bottle collection.

Because after WWII, the US supersized! My grandfather always said “everything in moderation.” Now we’ve got 40 oz. Big Gulps :lol:
Cool little bottle for the collection.
Thanks. Your grandfather was smarter than the general public! I guess a tiny sip of Coca-Cola would be a nice treat...if you didn't have a Big Gulp recently.

Congrats on the mini Coke bottles! They are an interesting addition to anyone's bottle collection.
Thank you. Agreed!

I believe those mini bottles were actually promotional salt and pepper shakers:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gl...=273224541610d99650d04a584288bfa7678b817f8055
Thanks. Those salt/pepper shakers are cool, but the minis posted here are smaller, and not salt/pepper shakers.

Those tiny bottles remind me of the wax bottles filled with Kool-Aid you could drink and chew on the wax for hours...……..

My uncle used to bring those home for me from a bar where he liked to hang out when I was a kid. This was in Philly during the late 60s. They came in painted wood cases like the full size Cokes of the era. Cool promotional item and a blast from the past for me!

Back
Top Bottom