• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Couple silvers, couple wheats, and our biggest clad total yet....

GStout76

Forum Supporter
Today my oldest boy and myself went to his middle school to hunt the really big soccer/baseball area. The entire area is approximately the size of 5 football fields.

A little back drop to the story. My son went to his asst. principal and explained what he does as a detectorist and one of his main goals was to help clean the areas of sharp metal.

Surprisingly, they were all very excited about it and encouraged him to do it. :) The principal even told us that she has been there for over 30 years and that no one has detected the area! :D

Even better news, they had a list of rings that had been lost over the years on the playground and shared that with us. Also, a couple of the teachers had heard what Yudai does for a hobby and have advised him that they may need his help in their yards to find lost bracelets, rings, etc.

Well, we went today for 6 hours and only hit a very small part of one of the baseball areas. Here are our finds minus all of the tin foil, pop tops, and can slaw.

006.jpg

We will definately be cleaning that place out. The wheaties were a 1940 D and a 1958.

Good luck everyone and HH!

Nice it looks like you got a lot of great area to hunt, nice to know it has not been hunted in over 30 years! $20 dollar clad day is a great day.

Even better news, they had a list of rings that had been lost over the years on the playground and shared that with us. Also, a couple of the teachers had heard what Yudai does for a hobby and have advised him that they may need his help in their yards to find lost bracelets, rings, etc....

That is doubly sweet news! Probably a good idea to carry business cards :D

Awesome clad amount. :gettinmoney:

Back
Top Bottom